i'd never leave

bright lights are fading in, slowly but surely blinding me. i shut my eyes again, turning away from the light source.

a pair of arms are gently wrapped around my body. i realize that i'm still laying on top of clay - just like how we fell asleep last night - and i automatically smile upon feeling his body heat and his smooth, tanned skin.

the memories are cloudy, but they're definitely there. hopefully he remembers too. hopefully he didn't kiss me just because he was drunk and bored.

suddenly clay shifts under me, raising his arms to stretch. without the safety straps holding me in place i tumble to the ground beside us, causing me to lose air for a moment.

"god, that scared me," i groan, rubbing my side.
"sorry man," clay yawns, "i just had to."

i laugh at his uncoordinated movements as he attempts to relieve some of the soreness in his limbs.

"you got a headache?"
"no, just feeling kinda shitty," he mumbles.

"i wonder why," i joke, humming as if i don't already know the reason.
"because you're not hugging me of course."
"aww, you big baby, come here then."

i bring him into a loving embrace, holding teddy in one of my hands. he buries his face into my shoulder, crawling up into my lap to get as close to me as possible. i really want to place a kiss on his temple but i stop myself, realizing that it might be too much. instead i just nuzzle his fluffy hair, inhaling the smell of weed and the very faint scent of sweet shampoo.

we sit like that for way too long for it to be classified as a simple bro hug, and yet neither of us are thinking about letting go anytime soon. i notice clay happily sighing. it feels like i'm in heaven. but deep down a lump of anxiety is starting to build up, a lump full of questions. does he remember kissing me? it spins inside of my head.

"hey clay?" i say, voice shaking a little.
"what?"

he looks up at me, sunlight reflecting in his breathtaking emerald eyes.

"di-didn't we kiss, last night?"
"did we? i think we did," he smiles.

he remembers.

i nod, breaking eye contact to avoid making this situation any more awkward. clay reaches his hand up to my hair, playing with it and gently massaging my scalp. i'm forced to lock eyes with him again. he opens his mouth slightly, wetting his lips. i can hear his breathing hitch as he gradually leans closer and closer to me.

"wanna do it again?"

i smirk at him, my cheeks tinted a light pink before bravely connecting our lips in a long, passionate kiss. my heart's threatening to jump out of my chest as our tongues brush against each other. i let clay explore every corner and crevice of my mouth, slowly and tenderly.

his hands are everywhere; in my hair, cupping my cheeks, on my sides and even sneaking their way up under my shirt. i have to hastily pull away before i get too excited.

"damn.."
"that was amazing," clay whispers, finishing my sentence for me.
"you taste like shit," i giggle, wiping my mouth.
"thank you, same to you."

just as i prepare to give clay another little peck, a loud thump echoes from inside the house. we quickly let go of each other, trying to act natural as two girls come stumbling out the door, laughing hysterically. they're barely dressed.

the shorter girl's spaghetti strap has slipped off her shoulder, almost revealing her entire breast underneath. her jet black hair resembles a crow's nest sticking out of the bun she's tried to contain it in. the taller girl is only wearing a white lace bra and blue cotton shorts showing half her ass.

a few seconds later nick bursts out the door too, grinning from ear to ear and looking about as rough as the girls. he gives us a thumbs up, making us both chuckle loudly.

"nick is a bit of a chick magnet if you haven't noticed."
"and i think i'm a bit of a george magnet."
"shut up!"
"am i wrong though?"
"no you're not, you snack," i sigh.