Till We Lock The Moon In Our Fists

Part 1.

As a little kid, I always had this dream. This dream of touching the sky and making the celestial ones mine.
I was a weird child they said.
Told me I was in a different world.
Laughed at my dreams and threw them into trash.
But then came along my friend. My best friend , you can say.

She was shy but witty, silent but strong.
We had similar dreams and we talked about  how beautiful the moon was. She told me how her mother always told her that it's okay to have imperfections , even the moon has many of them. She had  a clarity of thoughts that I didn't.  She would talk about every thought she possed about the world and beyond as a six year old but I was only failing to express.  All I could ever say to her was that she was my best friend. All I could say was "I will bring you the moon someday" all out of innocence and adoration.

She would laugh at me and say "you dumbhead ! We can't catch the moon, we can't lock it in our fists. " and she would pat my head. And I as stubborn and weird I was , always denied and said "I will bring you you the moon! And I surely will! Just wait and watch!". And she would laugh till her stomach aches.
Even though she laughed at my stupidity , I always liked her. I could distinguish her laugh from the other's laughs. It was different.  Her laugh was innocent and loving , not evil and insulting.

She was just like me but better. She was my voice. She gave strength to my thoughts. She didn't make me feel different but she made me feel special. Soon she became more important to me than the moon.

As we grew older, she and I separated. She moved to another place far away. She never said the reason and I never dared to ask. I missed seeing my moon. I miss seeing it with her, I miss our conversations about the moon but I missed her most out of everything.

A few more years passed and I saw her again. I knew it was her. She was like the moon itself but without any crevices, any imperfections. She was still as delightful as she was.
I was scared, fears thundering in my head . Questions building up. "does she remembers me? " "Would she talk to me ? " "what if she thinks I was weird and I still am? "

~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~♥

Thank you for reading.
Please vote and comment ♡

Also I don't if you have noticed or not but I always write poems or stories based on my real life experiences 🙈💜