35

Continuation.

'Where are they?' Cheuk growled, pushing the bookcase to the floor and throwing the books around. If you thought, Cheuk was angry before then he might just be loosing his mind right now. 'Where the fuck are they?' He screamed, slamming his fist into the plastered wall. It created a slight dent, but it was more so the paint that was cracking rather than the bricked wall.

'I-I don't k-know, sir' Mr. Sophus stuttered, removing his hat and bowing in front of the older man.

'Shit. What are you doing here? Look for them. We only have half an hour until everyone starts piling back in' Cheuk demanded, shaking his head in disbelief and once more checking behind doors, under tables and in the bathroom.

'Yes, sir. Of course, sir. Where should I start?' Mr. Sophus whispered, walking fearfully towards the angry man.

'I don't care where you start, bastard. Just find them' he ordered, pointing a strong finger to the door. Mr. Sophus shuffled out slowly, his face was pale and his hands were trembling.

'Will! Come here' Cheuk gritted, clenching his jaw with fury. Will rolled his eyes, frowning at the old man before standing at his side with a fake, decent smile.

'Did you see anyone acting mysterious? Anyone who wasn't out if the house in time?' He asked, kicking his foot into the already worn down table.

Will paused and thought, pushing his thumbnail into his mouth and biting it slowly. Slowly, thoughts started to ram in and things began to make more sense. Sarah and Serris hadn't left on time. But when he went to visit them they said they had to complete applying makeup. However, while Will was watching them they only subtly touched a brush on their face and left with him. 

Telling Cheuk would help him receive a higher standard in his workplace and relationship with Cheuk but that would also mean being by Cheuk's side 24/7 and following every order. As much as he hated to admit it, he very much admired Sarah and Serris, both had courage and discipline and weren't afraid to act ruthless to their father, unlike him. It may not show, but he was very fond of the sisters relationship and admired how they continuously tried to befriend him and help him even after the scolding and bitter words he gave in response.

'No, everyone was out on time. Didn't see a single soul' Will gulped, his throat bobbing up and down. It wasn't like him to lie to his boss, but I guess, every days a day to start fresh and new.

'Fucking Hell. Go check outside. Check for footprints or littering. And come back here and provide me with very tiny, piece of evidence' Cheuk ordered, stamping his foot on the floor.

Will slauted him, exiting the room and out the back door. He had already lied once to his boss so why not do it again. Instead of checking, he sat slump against he wall, gazing at the stars.

'Oh, things would be so different of you were around' Will said dreamily, wiping a tear that escaped his eye. 'So different. I love you, Blanches. I'm sorry for not saying it sooner'. He could hear footsteps approaching him so he quickly stood up and hunched over to the ground, pretending like he was checking for footsteps.

'Any signs?' The footsteps belonged to Mr. Sophus. 'Anything?'

Will shook his head no, deliberately not facing the man as his cheeks were stained with tears. 'Nothing, here' he croaked out, fixing his tie and and re-entering the masion.

'We'll be in shit, once Cheuk finds out that they've escaped again' Mr. Sophus grumbled, using a napkin to wipe of the sweat trickling down his forehead. 

'Yeah'.

'ANY SIGN?' the booming sound caused Will to stumble forward, banging his head against the wall.