CHAPTER 9: Imagine

Stuck alone in the office with lights off, he parted his lips and found hers; pulled her blouse down and kissing every inch of her neck, bitting a little to cause a hickey. They hugged tightly as if they've been cemented together like moving statues doing dance revolution.

"It's been so long, yet it feels so new", Kevin said with passion in his eyes.

He lift Nany up unto the table, pushing whatever was on it away. Without a moment of hesitation, he tenderly kissed her abdomen, starting from the area closest to the pubis and working his way up to her nipples. Nancy moaned with pleasure, her toes curled and her hands ravaged through his hair.

As she felt the nibblings on her breasts, her senses gain a clarifying momento, slapping her out of her fleshy wants.

"This can't happen. I am married. In fact, I am the first lady. I love you, but it can not be"

Yet, fantasy showed otherwise. Even as she said it, she yearned for him. She wanted to duct tape him to the wall and kiss him all over like a snack.

"It's just an imagination!" she exclaimed.

She woke up drenched in sweat. She looked at her cute hubby lying like fetus on his side and knew exactly what to do. She needed to get rid of Kevin. Oh gosh, let's be real, can exes really work together? 'Working with an ex is like fanning an already flamming fire', a saying she had repetitively told herself in the past when she was too close for comfort to an old love.

Thoughts clashed in her mind causing her head to ache. Figuring out how to let Kevin go was like puttng a square peg in a round hole. How can you employ someone, then with no justifiable reasons, terminate his appointment.

Recalling the dream once more, she decided against meeting Kevin in the office.  Anywhwere but the office would be great. "The studio, it is!", she shouted while forcing herself into a tight dress she was bent on wearing that day. Additionally, she had crafted an 18 page letter, front and back stating all the reasons they should not work together.  She believed that doing less talking was going to make the blow a lot softer. Doubts meandered through, but she remained resolute.  'You can do this', she mentally told herself.

She was always there for him whenever he was in trouble, and that should win points in her favor, she thought. Even when dating Joe, she sent Kevin money without her husband knowing. She had this soft spot for him, especially knowing full well that he had been in and out of jobs. One thing she was certain of was that he would have thrown the biggest baby shower if he knew that she was pregnant.

Nancy did not want her employers to know that she was pregnant until she could no longer hide it. She didn't want any clinginess by any of the staff and their questionable concerned questions. Lucky for her she was not throwing up every second as she carried a handful of mints and toffees to mask the nausea.

She left home in a hurry partially because she had a brilliant idea for a song and partially because she wanted to get the Kevin situation over and done with.

"Choosing marriage over helping an ex is common sense", she told herself as she sipped her iced tea in the back of the car.

She picked up the phone and dialled Kevin's number. On two rings, he picked. "That was quick",she murmured.

"Good morning Gorgeous", said Kevin at the other end of the call.
"Kevin could you meet me at the studio around 10. I am on my way there. We need to talk"

"Yeah sure", he said and hanged up.

5 minutes to 10, she was already at the studio.  She paced up and down and regurgitated on what she was going to say to Kevin at few more times. She was twisting her heel left then right and adjusting her jacket when Kevin popped in.

"Nancy what's up? It sounded urgent on the phone", said a very confused Kevin.

"This may sound very mean and totally unexpected, but Kevin,  I have to let you go", she choked on the words as she said them, then handed him the letter.

"Oh Lord take me already! How could you. You brought me here. I thought you belived in me. None of this would be happening if not for me and this is how you repay me.", He said with pain in his eyes.

Kevin protested. And his words, killed her softly.

"I am never leaving you, Nancy,  you are  mine"

Out of the blue, he tried to force himself on her- holding her tightly and kissing her so forcefully. Just then Pastor Joe entered the studio. Seeing his wife struggling in another's arm, he rushed there and punched him so hard that his nose broke into multiple fragment. Blood gushed out with intensed velocity. 

Joe seldom came to Nancy's workplace. However, on that particular day, he could not get a niggling feeling that Nancy would need his help. He decided to show up unannounced. The universe must be on Nancy's side because that was perfect timing.

Joe and Nancy walked right out, never looking back.

Hi reader!

If you are enjoying the story thus far, make sure to Vote and Comment!