CHAPTER 12: Weaving the strands

Don't ask how it happened!

For 3 weeks straight she moved like a Zombie, taking care of both Joes. With barely enough sleep, she constantly felt like someone had stuffed cotton wool in her eyes and pushed her right down a steepy hill.

On top of all this, the studio wanted new music. Her first album 'Heaven sent' was topping the charts and the studio was bent on continuing that trajectory. This could not further magnify her difficulties as a new mother. She was trying hard to carry all the things many told her she couldn't have, and do it with a smile on her face. Right now, it seemed more chaotic than intended.

But amidst the chaos, the Mr and Mrs were able to snuck away inthe closet and do the nasty nasty in their distructively hot nakedness. Ever since, Nancy transitioned from maxi pads and mesh underwear, typical of postpartum, to g- string and thongs, she couldn't wait to get down on with her hubby. She was mostly in oversized sweatshirts that hid her nursing bra and long enough to cover at least a quarter of her thighs. Even without a full face of makeup and barely enough clothes,  Joe was itching and yearning for her as her natural beauty shone brighter.

She did not experience the pressure to loss weight as many new mums do, rather she flaunted her left over 10kg which was appealing to Joe. They were even able to try new positions as the extra weight was more like a cushion. She swallowed hard and her breath got in her throat as she felt a mind- blowing flush of ectasy from whatever hubby was doing to her. For few moments, they laid on the floor laughing. At least something about this morning was vaguely right.  At that thought, baby Joe started crying his eyes out as if it were his cue to do so.

Baby Joe, also called Joey or Junior was living the kid celebrity lifestyle that he had no idea of. His spacious nursery was a cool mint colour with carefully decorated ceilings, a convertible crib and an epic glider. His parents simply wanted to lavish him with all that they could not have growing up. He had expensive designer clothes and shoes lined up in his closet which infact, he could not appreciate its significance.  Just praying that he doesn't turn into a spoilt brat.

She rose from the floor knocking a few hangers down, smoothed down her hair with her palms and adjusted her dress. She got to the nursery in no time as it was just next to the master bedroom. The nanny was already in the room when she got there. Nancy instructed her to wash Baby Joe's clothes that he wore the day before. As she lifted Junior from the crib, the intensity of the crying reduced. Her buttom and the glider soon become one; she removed her breast from the nursing bra and baby joe's mouth soon engulfed it. For her, breastfeeding brought joy because as she did that she could hear angelic music playing or it could be just her mind. Within minutes of feeding him, he felt asleep. Surely in less than two hours, he would be making the baby sounds of cry.

Pastor Joe was not on paternity leave, but he did try to help out with changing of diapers,  buying groceries and cleaning. After church, he quickly removes his suit and tie to wear boxers and singlet; he usually looked ridiculous yet charming. Truly it does take a village. Nancy had help from all angles, there was a Nanny, a houseboy( he was not in close proximity with the baby though), Stacy and her husband.

Hearing the front door open, Nancy moved out of the nursey to see who just entered. Similarly, Pastor Joe got out from the bedroom. It was Stacy carrying a box of baby goodies for Junior. Nancy hugged her and took the goodies from her hands to placed them in the nursery leaving Stacy standing right opposite Joe.

Ever since Joe tried seducing slash enticing Stacy, he always had the 'the angry don't tell my wife' kind of look'. And ever since that near slip, they had not exchange any words in any form of communication.  Speak of the embarasmment and pride of Joe!
Looking into his eyes, she debated in her head whether it was safe to tell Nancy or was it going to be her forever secret.

Please make sure to vote by tapping on the star icon, comment and share if you enjoyed reading it.