4. i think i've got too many memories getting in the way of me

You feel like death warmed up at the costume fitting the next day, not because you're hung over, or even because you were out that late, but because it's seven in the morning and you've been sitting still for two full hours already. You can't begin to imagine how hard it would be to be Mystique, Nightcrawler, or Apocalypse, with all the body paint and prosthetics they all had to endure. As it was you were doing a screen test for your character's 'powers' makeup.

Cassidy Temple's power allowed her to create an exact duplicate of herself, same clothes, same hairstyle, the only difference was the way her eyes would be completely blacked out, the black markings around her eyes, like sharp, shiny scales that only served to lead into the darkness of her eyes, and the glowing red tattoos that covered the rest of her skin. The duplicate worked on Cassidy's mental command, and when she was done with it, she could detonate it like a grenade, leaving no trace it ever existed. Cassidy felt everything the clone felt, though only psychologically, like a phantom limb, damage to the clone never physically damaged the original, and this included their explosions, though that had meant she'd built up an incredible pain tolerance, that had left her a formidable opponent. She was also capable of emitting a supersonic scream that incapacitated every human, and greatly bothered every mutant, within a hundred feet of herself or her clone. After meeting Apocalypse, the marking that indicate the clone are transferred to Cassidy permanently, and he takes away her ability to feel pain, instead giving her both rapid physical healing, and the ability to create almost limitless clones, though they seem to operate as a hive mind more than an individual with the more she creates.

But the point is, in your Horseman outfit, you've got a considerable amount of skin exposed that they'll need to cover in bright red tattoos.

Oscar's in the chair next to you, eyes closed as they're patting on face paint over his prosthetics, you're pretty sure he's asleep. They're playing music, but the chatter's died down. Your scale prosthetics itch.

Someone comes in, introduces himself as Kodi and tells you all he's playing Nightcrawler. You greet him warmly, and Oscar makes a noise that sounds like as close to a greeting as he can get without moving his face. The makeup person working on your tattoos tells him to take a seat and that someone will start priming him soon. There's now only two people working on your makeup, the person doing your tattoos, and the woman doing the rest of your face, the contour, lipstick, and blush of it all around the large eye pieces. You done first, and after they've done a final coat of gloss on your scales, and everything's dried, you pop in your contacts and are sent to wardrobe.

You're ushered into a room by one of the stylists, and the other three Horsemen are already there, already mostly dressed, and sporting their own, albeit much more downplayed Horseman makeup, and they all cheer when they see you.

"Terrifying!" Alexandra exclaims with glee, her hand on your shoulder, "I love it!"

Ben's smiling in a way that makes your heart beat a little faster.

Someone hands you a costume and pushes you into curtained off area for privacy. It takes a bit to wiggle into, what with all the straps and belts, and various weapon holsters, and general lack of pants, but you get there without too much hassle.

When you step out of the changing area, not only are the Horsemen there, but the director is too, and all of them are quiet as they look at you, something awed in each of their gazes that has you unsure of what to say.

"Thoughts?" The stylist speaks for you, tone frank as she addresses the director.

"It's honestly perfect, exactly what I was picturing," he grins, gently nudging the other actors, "stand with her, I wanna see you all together." And they do, with Ben and Alexandra by your sides, each taking a moment to wordlessly touch in with you, your arm, your shoulder, and Michael behind, in the space between you and Alexandra, the four of you doing your best to look in character and intimidating. The director grins wider, rubbing his hands together eagerly, asking if he could get a photo of the four of you.