Regression Shot

Daveed's point of view

I woke up to Anthony nudging me and holding out coffee, Lin was sitting down across the other side of the bed.

I looked down and saw Annalise sucking on her pacifier cuddled tight to her stitch doll.

She seemed so at peace.

Lin, Anthony and I all discussed what was going to happen that day when a man walked in the room.

"Can we help you?" Asked Lin, confused.

"Uh hi, I'm Dave, I'm Annie's dad. I dont...don't uh know much about this little stuff. But I uh found this stuffed animal in her room she's never slept without it. It uh has a rattle...is that a pacifier? God this is weird for me..."

We all looked at eachother and introduced ourselves.

"Hi, Mr. Green, I'm Lin."

"I'm Anthony."

"And I'm Daveed."

Dave shook all our hands, stared at Annalise and just looked taken aback.

Thats when She started to stir. Once her eyes opened they landed on her Dad and she was instantly brought out of little space. She dropped the pacifier and stitch doll and tried to collect herself.

"Dad! I had no idea you'd be here....It isn't what it looks like, I dont have to be like-"

"Annalise, why didn't you tell me about this. When you got tested you said you were a neutral!" Her dad asked sadly.

"Because you and Daniel were neutral! I dont wanna be a freak." She explained.

"You wouldn't have been a freak, it would have been an adjustment but thats it." Her dad tried to reason.

Annalise sat silently, feeling guilty.

"Instead of telling me the truth, you hid it which could have worsened your traumatic brain injury. I love you sweetie, but you gotta think!" He exclaimed.

He sat silently and handed the old rattling stuffy to her, then got up and started to walk out.

"What does this mean in terms of what happens next?" Dave asked.

Lin answered, "she's going to get her regression shot which will shrink her and lighten her up, then we will go to your house pack up her stuff, then we are going back to New York after this week and we will be taking Annalise. There's nothing you have to do we can take care of it all."

Dave turned around, "I love you, Annie. It will be okay."

Then he left.

Annie looked down and started crying, "I can't believe I hurt him like that!"

"Mija, he is just in shock. He's not used to seeing you this way. He will get used to it. " Lin said, sitting next to her and hugging her.

Just then the doctor walks in, "Good morning! Oh no, why are you crying?"

"Just some family drama" Lin said.

"Ok well I hope everything is ok now... we are almost ready for the round of regression shots. I know it can be scary but don't worry, I will be extra gentle!" The doctor said softly.

Annalise curled up and whimpered into Lin trying to hide in his arms.

"Shhhhhhhhh Mija, you're ok. We will all be right here." Lin said, trying to comfort her.

Anthony and Daveed came to comfort her too. When they wheeled in the cart with the first 2 regression shots, Annalise almost about jumped into Anthony's arms.

She tried bolting from the room but Anthony and Daveed grabbed her and held on.

Lin cupped her face, "Sweetheart, I promise you will be safe."

"I hate needles! I hate shots! I can't do this!" Annalise said crying.

Anthony sat behind her and held her, stroking her hair.

Lin enveloped her hand and Daveed held the other.

"Were going to move fast! I promise." The doctor said.

"Here comes the first one." They quickly injected it into her bloodstream.

Anthony and Daveed flipped Annalise over, she was in tears and just trying to get away, then they injected her a second time in her bottom.

Anthony got off the bed and let them wheel their crying girl into the operating room where they'd administer the final shot.

"Papa! Papi! Daddy!" She cried.

Lin followed close behind, "Papa is right here, Mija! Its almost over. You're doing so good!" He said while stroking her cheek.

Lin got in the gown and held his little girls hands. She was laying down on her belly. The nurse had attached a mask in order to help her breathe and relax.

"Ok Annalise, first one is just to numb you." He said as he injected spinal morphine into her spine.

Annalise cried at the shot to her spine but quickly quieted down, she looked at Lin, "see, sweetheart? They gave you medicine so you won't even feel the last one.

"Just a little pressure" the doctor said.

They started to press the needle into her spine and Annalise started to cry again. Once they injected the medicine and pulled out the needle, Annalise had passed out.

They wheeled her back to the room, where Anthony and Daveed were waiting anxiously.

"How'd it go?" Daveed and Anthony asked simultaneously while stroking her head.

Lin put his hands up to calm the other two men, "she was fine, the pressure made her pass out though. Now we wait for her to shrink."