House of the rising sun

CHAPTER 1 - HOUSE OF THE RISING

-------------------------

LEAH STOOD ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF NEW ORLEANS holding her phone to her ear as she tried calling Elijah again for the third time.

"Elijah, if you not picking up your phone is a trick just to get me back to New Orleans, Its not working." She pulls the phone away from her ear and aggressively ends the call after leaving the voicemail.

She knew whatever this was, had something to do with Klaus. Elijah always answered her calls.

Leah leans against her car and waits for Rebekah.

She turns around as a car approaches, a smile appearing on her face when she recognized the car. Rebekah pulls over and gets out of the car, walking over to her sister. Leah pulls her into a hug.

"Beks, I missed you" she smiles. Leah and Rebekah had a special bond, being the youngest of the family.

"Well come on, lets get going." She says.

A few hours later, the two pulled up in front of the Mikealson Mansion. Leah took her phone out and left another message for Elijah.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me and Rebekah back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and we're worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door" she says as her and Rebekah get out of the car and walk into the house, a brunette girl walking down the stays with an iron poker in her hand.

Leah raises her eyebrow.

"Who the hell are you two?" She asks.

Rebekah turns to her. "Oh, you must be the maid. Our bags are in the car, get them, will you?"

Hayley smiles warily before lowering the iron poker.

"Hello, not the maid" She says. Leah stares at her, looking her up and down and before finally put two and two together.

"Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?"

Hayley nods.

"You have your brother's manners." She says to Leah.

"But not his temper, that's all Rebekah" Leah smirk as she look at Rebekah who rolls her eyes. "So watch out" her smirk falls as she turns back to Hayley.

"Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asks, looking around the house.

Hayley shrugs. "Beats me. He's long gone" She says.

Leah look at her confusingly. "What do you mean 'long gone'?" She asks.

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into - he was all poetic about how we're family - and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire"

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises." Leah say turning to Rebekah. "Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." She signs and walks further into the house. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Klaus opens a set of doors and walks in. "Enough with all the shouting." He smiles. Leah roll my eyes. "Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were you two?"

"They were very rude" Rebekah says. "Trying to victimize poor, innocent girls just trying to find their way to the Quarter."

"So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." Leah says, smirking slightly at her brother.