Rebirth

CHAPTER 20 - REBIRTH

------------------------

IT'S BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE HOPE ANDREA MIKAELSON WAS sent away with Rebekah. Elijah and I stood by and watched as it broke Hayley and Klaus apart. Klaus always stayed in the room, painting and not saying a word to any of us. With every full moon drawing his power out because of those moon rings that Genevieve had made with his blood, he was getting angrier by the second.

Hayley was on a different level. She was out for most of the day and when she came back at night, she'd be covered in blood. She was growing my savage by the day, killing and feeding all day while crying herself to sleep at night.

I walk into Klaus' room and watch as he tears through the canvas, he angrily throws the canvas across the room, just as I walk in. He screams in frustration 

I walk forward and pick up the canvas and inspect it. " I guess we will have to call this your 'white period'. " I joke.

 "I'm missing a crucial colour in my palette - that of my enemies' blood," He says.

"Well, I recommend a Venetian red, with a dash of rust..." Elijah says, walking into the room.

Klaus starts to lose his temper. "It's been months! I've adhered to our plan: sit and do nothing, sell our grief. And now, my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us - another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength!" Elijah and I give Klaus sympathetic looks, and Klaus calms down slightly. "The nursery is killing me. I need to act. I -I -I need - I need to spill blood,"

 I look at Elijah and sigh. " Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood," I tell him. 

 Klaus smiles weakly. "Then, it's time!"

"And none too soon," Elijah says. " I'm concerned about Hayley," 

Klaus tenses up and returns to sorting through his art. "She looks well enough,"

I roll my eyes. "She looks no better than you, brother," Elijah tells him. "Now, if the two of you would treat each other as more than just... passing acquaintances -"

"- She has you for that,"

"Sadly, like the father of her child, she prefers to fight her demons alone,"

I watch closely from the balcony as Cami manages to sneak into the Abbatoir and looks around the courtyard, probably for Klaus. She wanders through the covered -up furniture and heads for the stairs. I raise my eyebrows before vamp-speeding behind her. She quickly turns around.

"Klaus?" She heads up the stairs, but stops and turns around to see Klaus standing there behind her, looking sad. 

"Klaus?" She turns around, but Klaus is gone. Disappointed, Cami continues to ascend the staircase. "Klaus, I know you're here somewhere. We need to talk,"

I finally make my appearance known as I vamp-speed to the end of the stairs.

"He doesn't wish to see you,"

"Ahh! Leah. Where the hell did you come from?" She smiles at me.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. "Oh please, don't act like you're didn't just trespass,". I sigh. "Klaus doesn't care much for conversation these days. And, he probably wouldn't care for the fact that you've put yourself in danger by coming here," I tell Cami.

 And, he probably wouldn't care for the fact that you've put yourself in danger by coming here," I tell Cami