Tangled up in blue

CHAPTER 2 - TANGLED UP IN BLUE

-------------------------

REBEKAH STOOD IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW and Klaus stood behind her while I sat down. Rebekkah turns around and looks at Klaus

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah pouts. I roll my eyes but smile at her.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child." He says with no emotion.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," Rebekah says sarcastically.  Klaus chuckles.

Hayley enters the room.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." She holds a book with the Mikaelson symbol on the front cover.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love: My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Klaus smiles at Rebekah.

Rebekah takes a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can impale his face. The two smile at each other. I imitate a stern look but smile at their childish behaviour.

 I imitate a stern look but smile at their childish behaviour

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." She says to Klaus. 

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus says, playing with the pencil that was thrown at him earlier.

Hayley points at the three of us. "You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?"

"A very stupid plan" I whisper.

"Okay" Klaus walks into the other room and we all follow him. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy—he's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenaged witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently." Klaus explains before looking at me. " And thirdly, sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," I tell Hayley.

She looks at me in shock before turning to Niklaus.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" She asks, worriedly.

Rebekah Chuckles. "Please, Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical"