Prologue*

Hinata Shoyo, a first year middle blocker for Karasuno, who proudly wore the number ten. He's a fast runner and can jump higher than what most would guess. Many described him as an energetic and easily excitable person. Someone who always tried his best during any volleyball game whether it's a real match or a practice one. But the truth is, even though no one truly knew his past, he wasn't always like this and part of him always knew the truth would have to come out soon. He wasn't human, he didn't truly belong to this world. Before he lived in another one, in a way the two were similar. That was except for one clear difference, the ones who inhabited his world. The name of this place is Rale.

Within Rale, there lived five kingdoms. Each one was ruled by a different hybrid, as the humans called them, except for one. The ones that lived here were the Crows, proud strong people gifted with shiny, black or blue feathery wings. Neko's were the next kingdom over, humans who all possessed a strange feline type appearance, cat ears resting atop their heads with matching tails. With most gaining their respective felines' agility and strengths.

The Eagles had the second smallest kingdom. It wasn't that their kind was disappearing. It's just most preferred to live in the tall tree rather than stay in the buildings below. They, like the Crows, had wings; the difference was their broad wings mixed with several colors as they reached the end.

The fourth kingdom were the werewolves just as they sound. The werewolves were half man half wolf. They had increased strength and speed. Yet one thing that made them difficult to deal with was their anger. It might deal with the phase of the moon to really depend on how they would act. But no one could really count on that slight bit of information. So they had to tread carefully when dealing with them.

Finally the fifth and final kingdom was the humans. It was the smallest with the human population slowly decreasing until there weren't many at all. No one truly could figure out where they disappeared to and even with the question of what happened to them. They never got a real answer even years later.

Hinata belonged to the Crow's kingdom but his family was part of something special. They were known as 'Protectors' , an important part to each kingdom. Protectors were given a special ability that only the higher ups truly understood. This ability was to change into any of the hybrid forms or to completely hide any trace of them being a hybrid. Sure most could shift to have a human appearance but it doesn't last long. The longest would be a day or two.

Hinata was grateful for this gift because of several reasons. The main one being that he could meet someone who became one of his closest friends. In the Neko kingdom is where his friend lived, at first he went there in human form. It was the easiest one to learn at his age. And he would explore until the day he ran into Kenma.

Kenma, the only child of the most known of Neko's protectors. At first he was quiet but instantly started to follow Hinata around after they met. Hinata learned that Kenma was a year older as they ran past the Neko-Crow border.

The two of them had many adventures throughout the two kingdoms. And a few times going close to the Eagles border. They raced across streets that weren't very busy. And visiting several of the older protectors each day they spent was full of exciting adventures that kids their age loved. But like most adventures theirs had to come to an end. When Kenma's mother decided that it would be best for him to grow up in the human world.

So he had to leave and it was hard for him to tell Hinata that he would be somewhere far away. But once Hinata learned, He was upset upon hearing about this and decided to take Kenma to visit some of their favorite places in both kingdoms before he left. Each place holds a special memory for both of them. They spent three days just walking around enjoying what felt like the last time either of them would be able to talk to each other.