Chapter Five

(with the karasuno guys)

Once Echo fell screaming could be heard across the boat along with, strangely, the sound of laughter coming from Reign. Suga ran over to the railing net to Kageyma looking over to see what happened. Noya and Tanaka were confused and Dachi was just trying to figure out why Reign was laughing.

"How is this funny to you?" Daich asked. He turned around to yell at Noya and Tanaka to stop running, which for some reason they decided would be a good idea. Then after they had stopped running he redirected his attention to Reign who had finally stopped laughing.

"It's funny seeing your reaction to that. Just watch." Reign replied before counting down. "Three, two, one." once he had finished Echo zoomed past them flying upwards before doing a flip and returning to the boat. She landed and smiled at Kageyama who was a little freaked out by the fact that she had a pair of wings now. She folded her wings back down then giggled a little.

"Wha-wait how did you do that? Better question why and what are you?"

"I can tell ya." Reign shouted, calling the two boys over. "How she did that is simple; she's a shifter or protector as we call it. I'm guessing that Sho didn't tell you about this world, didn't he?" Suga and Dachi shook their heads.

"We never thought that he wasn't from our world. I'm mean, sure he could jump higher than expected from someone at his height but that never crossed my mind. He never said anything about it either so we had nothing to convince us otherwise." Suga explained. "The only thing I know about this place is what he put in the letter for us. About there being a chance of whoever is here breaking into our world and starting a war. And us being in danger with him around us."

"Makes sense. He always seemed like the type to explain things to the point where you only understand the basic idea of what he actually meant." Reign stated. "But forget about that for now. I'll tell ya what happened with Echo over there. Her family is now as protectors for the eagles. In our world people are half animals and they can only resemble the main animal of their homelands. Protectors are different though they can shift into any of the four animals or look like a normal human like you."

"Wait hold up!" Tanaka shouted. "Do you mean that Hinata is actually part animal?"

"That would be so cool, imagine if we were like that. We could impress Kiyoko or prank anyone." Noya added in excitement. He jumped into the air and landed wobbling a little because on the uneven floor boards.

"I have to agree that would be useful and it might explain why he can jump so high." Kageyama agreed.

"Yes, Sho is one of us; his family is one of the protectors of the crows. And I have a reason to believe that you might know another one of our protectors. He's a part of the main neko protectors and the first one of his family to return after so long, Kenma."

"So did those two know each other before?" Daich asked.

"Yeah they did! Apparently they were almost always seem together during the day." Reign replied. He told them about the few times he had passed by the two overhearing them laughing about something. Needless to say the Karasuno boys were surprised for sure. From what they saw, the Nekoma setter was very quiet and non expressive. He didn't try to stand out and didn't like to speak out long or for very long. But the way Reign was talking about Kenma made him seem like a completely different person.

"Forget about that for now, because we're back home." Echo shouted in joy. She was now flying inches above the boat messing with Noya would bet he could jump as high as she was flying. On his last jump he turned around and found a giant gate awaiting them. There was a flag there being put up so it was simple to say that it hadn't been there for long.