New Beginnings

Steven talks with the Crystal Gems.

This book starts 1 week after the Epilogue of Diamond AU: Steven Universe.

——

"We could build a town!!"

"What?" White looked at Steven.

"We could build a town for the corrupted gems to live in!!" Steven said. "Let's call it... little homeworld!!"

"I think that's brilliant," Blue said. "But we still haven't figured out our living situation with the crystal gems."

"We can give them their rooms in the temple back, it's only fair," Yellow said. "But this beach house is ours."

"Have you talked to them?" Steven asked.

"They aren't very willing to talk with us," White said. "Which is... understandable."

"I'll talk to them!! They seem to like me," Steven said.

"You're welcome to give it a shot," Yellow said.

===

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl sat atop the cliff. Pearl sighed. "I don't know how to feel about everything. I can't trust the diamonds."

"What's crazy is how tiny they are now!!" Amethyst said. "Did you see them?! They're only a little taller than Garnet!!"

"Hey, guys!!"

The gems turned to see Steven running up the hill.

"Oh, it's you," Pearl said. "What do the Diamonds want?"

"They want to discuss living arrangements," Steven said. "They're willing to give you back your rooms in the temple as they are yours. It's only fair."

"They've been staying in our rooms?!" Pearl gasped.

"They haven't touched your stuff, I swear!!" Steven said. "Yellow hasn't touched any of your junk, Amethyst."

"I thought she would pick Pearls room," Amethyst said, a little surprised.

"Jumping off the piles of junk is so fun!!" Steven said. "Oh, we have more plans!! We're gonna build a town for the corrupted gems!!"

"Oh really?" Pearl looked at him.

"We're calling it, 'Little Homeworld'. It's gonna be super awesome!!" Steven said. "The Pearls might stay where they are, same with Lapis and Peridot, but everyone else will be there!!"

"The Pearls..?" Pearl looked at him.

"Oh!! Bloop, Yelp, and Pip!! The Diamond's old Pearls. They're free now!! Pip is living with my friend Connie, and Bloop and Yelp live in empire city," Steven said.

"Pip, as in... Pink Pearl?" Pearl asked.

"Yea," Steven said. "I tried to heal her eye, but..." He sighed. "She and White told me what happened."

The mood became somber as Pearl thought about Pink's prior Pearl. "I actually don't know what happened to that poor thing. What really happened?"

"Mom... hurt her," Steven said. Pearl's eyes went wide. "She didn't mean to!! When White saw what Pink had done, she took Pip away."

"How could your mother do that?! She was a healer!!" Pearl said.

"I know, I was shocked too!!" Steven said. "But White has never once lied to me, and Pip was the one who told the story."

"Hm," Pearl sighed.

"Were you... White's Pearl?" Steven asked.

"No," Pearl said. "White never had a Pearl. She only used Pink Pearl as a puppet. After she took her away, I was created and given to Pink Diamond. Pink rarely, if ever spoke of her prior Pearl. Whenever Pink saw her though... her skin bleached white, her arms stretched out, her speaking in White's voice-" Pearl looked away. "Pink couldn't help but feel awful."

"White seems to regret it now," Steven said. "She regrets everything she's done. She wants to make it up to you guys too!! All the Diamonds do!! Please, give them a chance."

The Crystal Gems looked at Steven.

"Fine," Garnet said.

"Great!!" Steven smiled. "We can all have dinner together and we can all bond and have a great meal!! Oh!! We can have it outdoors!! Let's have a Barbecue!!"

===

"A what?!" The Diamonds looked at Steven.

"A Barbecue!!" Steven said. "You and the crystal gems can all bond together over some hot dogs and burgers!!"

"I think that's brilliant, Steven," Blue said. "I just hope Garnet isn't too mad at me..."

"What? Why?" Steven asked.

"Because of something I did to her a long time ago," Blue said.