Shapeshifter

Amethyst teaches Steven how to shapeshift.

White goes through Pink's stuff.

——

Before reviving the crystal gems, the Diamonds had mutually agreed that when conducting business on Homeworld, one of the Diamonds would stay on Earth with Steven... unless absolutely necessary.

Since Yellow and White both needed to be on Homeworld that day, it was Blue's turn to stay on Earth with Steven.

Blue sat at the table with Steven as he ate his breakfast. Suddenly, Amethyst ran into the room shapeshifted as a cat. She then jumped onto the table.

"Good morning, Steven!!" Amethyst said.

"Amethyst!! Is that you?!" Steven gasped.

"Sure is," Amethyst said, jumping off the table and shapeshifting back into herself. "Ain't you ever seen shapeshifting before?"

"Shapeshifting?" Steven raised an eyebrow.

Amethyst suddenly looked quite taken aback. She looked at Blue. "Did you never teach him to shapeshift?"

"If I could shapeshift, I would be back to my normal size, wouldn't I?" Blue replied.

"Fair enough," Amethyst said. "Do you think he can?"

"We've never had him try," Blue said.

"Oh, can I give it a shot?" Steven asked Blue.

"Go ahead," Blue said.

Steven hopped out of his chair, walking over to Amethyst. "Ok, so how do I shapeshift?"

"Woah, don't get ahead of yourself. You gotta start easy," Amethyst said. "Think about what you wanna be, like, a cat for example. Think really hard and..." She then shapeshifted into a cat. "Ok, now you try!!"

Steven thought really hard, closing his eyes. He took a deep breath. "Ok... cat. I am a cat." He then opened them to find nothing had happened. "Aw, Cmon!!"

"No one picks it up the first try," Amethyst said. "Try again."

Suddenly, Steven heard a soft meow. Startled, Steven looked to suddenly see one of his fingers was a cat.

"STARS ABOVE!!" Blue nearly fell out of her chair.

"WOAH!!" Steven gasped. "I have a cat finger!!"

"That's so cool!!" Amethyst said.

"Let me see that," Blue said, taking Steven's hand into her own and looking at the finger. It meowed back at her.

"Blue, it has a mind of its own!! Isn't that cool?" Steven smiled.

"Yessss...." Blue let go of Steven's hand.

"Ok, now how do I change it back?" Steven asked.

"Same thing as before, I guess," Amethyst said.

Steven thought long and hard, and all the sudden, his finger was back to normal. He gasped. "This is so cool!!"

===

White never thought she would ever find herself here, but now that she was the right size for it, she could finally explore Pink's extraction chamber.

She knew it was intrusive, yes, but she couldn't help herself. She was too curious.

She found herself facing a table with a screen and a chair. She sat down on the chair, looking at the items at the table. She turned on the screen to find all of Pink's old drawings.

Drawings that she never even got to see.

She went through them, stopping at a drawing pink had made of the four of them. It was... terrible, but it was also clearly made from the heart.

White smiled.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"AH!!" White screeched, jumping up to see Yellow standing behind her.

"Were you going through Pink's things?" Yellow asked.

"Don't pretend you haven't thought about doing it too," White said.

"Fair enough," Yellow walked over to see the drawing on the screen. "Did she draw that?"

"I presume so," White said. "You can see all of us."

"I look so angry," Yellow said.

"She knows how to capture you very well," White joked. "Do you think Steven has found this place yet?"

"He would've told us if he did," Yellow said. "Next time the four of us are here, we can come here and show him."

"That's a great idea," White said.