The Barbecue

Tensions arise when Steven tries to have the Diamonds and the Crystal Gems have a nice barbecue together.

——

With the help of Greg, Steven set up a table and a grill outside on the beach. The sun was beginning to set, so Steven went and began to grill some food for the Diamonds and the crystal gems.

"You sure you wanna do this? It might get ugly," Greg said.

"I know things will work out in the end!!" Steven said. "Just think— The crystal gems and the diamonds, united!!"

"Hey, Steve-O," Amethyst called.

"Oh!! Hey, guys!!" Steven smiled. "You're early."

"We know, but we wanted to get here first," Pearl said.

"Steven!!"

Steven looked to see the Diamonds approaching.

"Guys!! Welcome to the barbecue!!" Steven smiled.

Blue and Garnet made eye contact. Blue could feel the tension coming off her in droves.

"Well, why don't you guys get seated and me and Steven will serve you up?" Greg suggested.

The Diamonds sat on one side of the table, while the crystal gems sat on the other. Blue and Garnet sat across from each other.

"Garnet, we... need to talk," Blue said.

"Hm, about time," Garnet said passive aggressively.

"Garnet, I'm so sorry about what I did to Ruby and Sapphire," Blue said. "I shouldn't have threatened you like that, and it would be hypocritical of me to say fusion is disgusting."

"How so?" Garnet asked.

"Me and Blue got married," Yellow said.

Garnet and Pearl's jaws dropped on the ground.

"WOAH!! Did you guys like, make out?" Amethyst asked.

"AMETHYST!!" Pearl scolded.

Blue chuckled. "Yes, we kissed. The wedding was wonderful. And me and Yellow have fused several times."

"What's her name?" Garnet asked.

"Green Diamond," Yellow said.

"Hm, figured," Garnet said.

"Alright!! Who wants to eat?" Steven asked.

"Me me me!!" Amethyst raised her hand. Steven gave her a plate with some food on it, and she fucking devoured it, plate and all. Blue watched in utter horror.

A shudder ran down Pearl's back.

"Deeelish," Amethyst said, licking her lips.

"I'll pass on the food, thank you," White said politely.

"Well, this is the perfect time to discuss our living situation," Yellow said. "Tomorrow, we will be having a Galaxy warp installed in the beach house for easy travel between the planets. However, us Diamonds have chosen to call Earth home. We will be staying in the beach house while the three of you get your rooms back."

"Hm, sounds fair enough," Amethyst said. "And y'all can stay in my room if the house is too packed. I don't mind."

"Thank you, Amethyst, but your room is not exactly... livable," Blue said as politely as she could.

"I managed," Yellow said, shrugging.

"I assume Blue has been taking residence in my room then," Pearl said.

"I have not touched your things, Pearl," Blue said. "And I rarely go in there at all. We use that room only when us Diamonds need to talk privately."

"Hm, understood," Pearl said.

Greg and Steven sat at the heads of the table.

"Do you guys wanna help plan little homeworld?" Steven asked. "We need all the help we can get."

"Well, Bismuth was the expert builder," Pearl said.

"Who's Bismuth?" Steven asked.

"An old friend," Garnet said. "She had this beautiful rainbow gem."

Steven's eyes widened. "No way!! I saw a gem like that in Lion once!!"

The table went silent.

"I'm sorry, what?" Pearl looked at him, confused.

"LION!! COME HERE!!" Steven called. Lion jumped down from the cliffs, startling the crystal gems.

"This is lion!! He has a pocket dimension in his mane!!" Steven said, diving in. A couple seconds later, Steven came back out with a bubbled gem in his hands. "Is this who you're looking for?"

Pearl clasped her hands to her mouth, while Garnet phased her visor off in shock.

"Bismuth..." Pearl cried. "She's alive!!"

"Let me," Garnet got up from the table, taking the bubble in her hands, popping it.

The gem began to float up into the air, taking form. Bismuth then landed on the ground, confused. "Wha..?"

"BISMUUUUUTH!!" Pearl got up from the table, jumping into her arms.

"Woah, easy there, Pearl!!" Bismuth chuckled.

"Nice to see you again," Garnet said.

"Garnet!!" Bismuth smiled.

"Bismuth, we need to talk," Garnet said.

"What? Why?" Bismuth asked before her head turned and she made eye contact with the three Diamonds. Her smile fell.

"You."