Little Homeworld

Little Homeworld opens. Steven reflects on the past 2 years.

——

Little Homeworld was practically finished at this point. Only one thing was left.

The warp pad.

"Ok, lower it down!!" Bismuth said. A crane then placed the warp pad into the ground. Once it was in place, Bismuth jumped down to see White, Yellow, Blue, and Steven.

"I'm going to go through and look for infrastructure instabilities. If everything is a ok, then little homeworld will be officially complete," Bismuth said.

"Excellent!!" White said. "You have been nothing but help, Bismuth. We are so grateful."

"Thank you, White," Bismuth said.

===

After Bismuth confirmed that everything was working as expected, the Diamonds and the Crystal Gems began to help the uncorrupted gems find their new homes.

"So, here's where you'll be living," Steven said as he showed Citrine her new apartment.

"Oh stars, I love it!!" Citrine said.

"Do you have any plans to decorate it?" Steven asked.

"I don't know," Citrine said. "I'm just happy it's not a cell."

"Yeah, it's good that it's not..." Steven smiled awkwardly. "After everyone settles in, I'm going to work with the crystal gems on Little Homeschool. Do you think you'll want to join?"

"I'm willing to try anything," Citrine said.

"Great!!" Steven said.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Steven asked.

"It's me," The voice said.

Blue.

"Oh!! Come in," Steven said.

Blue opened the door, walking in. "Just wanted to see how everything was going."

"It's going great, my Diamond," Citrine said. "I love my new home!!"

"Wonderful," Blue smiled. "Steven, I spoke with mayor nanefua, and she said that she's willing to have gems work human jobs."

[please just gloss over the fact nanefua is mayor now, the election happened at some point]

"Really?!" Steven gasped. "That's amazing!! Citrine, do you think you'd like to try a human job?"

"I don't know," Citrine said. "I want to get comfortable with being on Earth first."

"I understand," Steven said. "Blue, how many gems have signed up to get jobs?"

"Over 50, actually," Blue said.

"That's great!!" Steven smiled. "Funland will finally have more staff!!"

Blue chucked. "Yes it will."

===

Things were going great. Gems were settling into their new homes very well, and were learning about their new jobs. Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Bismuth all volunteered to be teachers at Little Homeschool. Even Peridot said she'd teach a class about agriculture.

Speaking of...

"I know it's a lot to ask, but if you guys ever want to move to little homeworld, you can," Steven said.

"Thanks for the offer, but we enjoy the barn," Lapis said. "It's nice."

"Fair enough," Steven said. "But the offer still stands."

"Understood," Lapis said.

===

Steven sat on the porch of the beach house, looking out at the ocean. He thought about how much has changed in the past 2 years.

2 years ago, he didn't even know how to summon a weapon yet. Now, there was a town for gems on Earth.

2 years ago, the Diamonds were the only gems he knew. Now, he knew hundreds, maybe thousands of gems. He couldn't name all of them, but he knew a lot.

He wondered how the next near would be. In a year, he would be 16. What would've changed by then?

He wasn't sure, but right now, he was just happy. Life was good. He still had a lot of work ahead of him, but life was good.