Afterdeath: Kitty Pitty

if u see any typos no u didn't ❤️

—————

Geno hates to admit it, but he can be slow. It's not a regularly occurring thing - in fact, it's rather rare for him to slowly put the pieces together. But, sometimes, things can fly straight over his head multiple times until he finally notices what he's missing. One of those things that took Geno multiple years to catch onto was probably really obvious.

Reaper wanted a cat.

Geno wanted to smack himself. Repeatedly. When he thinks back on it, there were more than just a few instances where he should have come to his conclusion. The times Reaper would coo at a litter of kittens in the display of an animal shelter, the times he would point at a stray cat minding its own business while the two were on a walk... the list could go on and on.

So, like the great husband he is, Geno stomped up to his lover and ordered him to open a portal to Life's sanctuary. Nobody but Reaper knew how to get there and even if Life trusted Geno with her, heh, life, she wasn't even meant to be found in the first place and didn't want her whereabouts exposed more than it already is. Geno respected that.

"I need to see Life," Geno explained urgently, looking down at his husband who was seated on their sofa quietly reading a book. Reaper looked up from his book and squinted at his husband, concerned.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Reaper asked, standing up and inspecting his husband for any injuries. Geno blinked and blushed a bit at the attention, then shook his head. "No, I'm fine, I just need to see Life. Now."

Reaper stopped his searching and met his husband's eyes. He raised a questioning brow. "Are you not going to tell me why...?" He asked slowly, tilting his head. Geno huffed, crossing his arms and straightening his posture. "It's not a big deal, I just want to ask her some questions," Geno clarified when Reaper didn't look like he was going to open the portal to Lifes anytime soon.

The god of death stared at his husband for a few silent moments, skeptical. He sighed, caving when Geno pulled out a pout. "Fine then, lets go," the god grumbled, and lifted his arm to open a portal, but Geno grabbed his arm to stop him from doing so. "Wait," Geno blurted, "I want to talk to her alone, Reaps. Is... Is that okay?" Reaper blinked down at his husband, very lost and confused and full of questions. But then he glanced at his book and decided that, you know what, it's fine. Whatever.

Reaper leaned down a bit and kissed his husband on his forehead, murmuring a 'of course, hon' before swiping his hand down and opening a portal to Life's sanctuary. Geno beamed, returning his given kiss with one on his husband's nose, slapped his ass, then laughed as he hopped through the opened portal. Before Reaper could do anything to get back at his husband, Geno closed the portal, giggling at how Reaper's entire face was flushed in his signature cyan.

"Never gets old," Geno mused to himself, wiping his eye socket of a tear born from his laughter. After a few minutes of getting over his giggling fit, Geno started walking down a dirt path and stopped when he arrived in front of Life's cozy little cottages door. With a nervous huff, Geno lifted up his fist and knocked on the door three times and fixed his posture.

In just under a minute, Life swung the door open, her smile warmer than ever. "Geno!" She gasped, clasping her paws together, "Oh, how delightful. It's great to see you again!" Life glanced behind Geno for a few moments and her brows furrowed a tiny bit in confusion. "I don't feel Sans' magic... Why did you come alone? Are you alright?"

What is with Life and Reaper asking if he's okay? He's fine, goddamnit! "Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine. I, um, wanted to ask you some questions and maybe a... favor...?"