Reaper x Error: Past (not angst lmao)

so in the alphabet prompt thing (WHICH IS RLY LONG BTW LMAO) i wrote out a rly long oneshot thing for this one prompt and i sorta like it and i spent the most time on it. so i thought it deserved its own chap, u know? plus nobody has even read that chapter so it doesnt hurt to post it individually [insert weak, pained laughter]

oh!!! also

 Loverofyaoi22, i remade your pfp!!! i tried to draw it in a Sort Of Similar style but it

Loverofyaoi22, i remade your pfp!!! i tried to draw it in a Sort Of Similar style but it... didnt go too well, but i tried my best :D i tried experimenting a bit here too, like with coloring n stuff and i kinda like it!! its funky in its own way!!!

btw im actually errotale-fanperson but on another acct lol so im not just some weirdo drawing ur pfp randomly 😭 i've always been impressed by ur streamline of content over the years ;_; you're so commited to ur writing and ur art and writing has improved so much and i just!!! wowie, ur so cool, pls take this drawing and do whatever u like with it lmao

on with the oneshot thing!!!

–––––

Error stared down at the photograph in his hand, ignoring the shivers he kept getting from the chill of the attic.

We were so young... Error thought to himself, not fully aware of the smile making its way onto his face.

The concept of age was very, very weird with people like him and Reaper. Physically, nothing necessarily changed as the years went by. A scar here or there, weight loss or gain with their ecto, toned muscles coming and going that were also in their ecto... If they were to have genuine physical changes (as in longer arms or smaller hips, for example), the change would happen incredibly slowly, and only by reference from an image of the past could you tell there was a change. Mentally, things were quite similar. They'd learn one thing, forget or remember it, personalities would change, but at the end of the day they went to bed as the same person they woke up as. Error, as a glitch or destroyer (in some shape or form), and Reaper as the God of Death.

Sometimes physical changes could end up being very obvious. Have... Error squinted and moved the picture closer to his face, Have my shoulders been getting broader since this picture?

Error carefully studied the image in his hands. It was a picture taken from Reaper's phone, and Error knew that because, in the image, Reaper was taking a picture of a full body-length mirror with both him and Error in the reflection. In the corners of the room in the picture, there were boxes and random items stacked upon each other. Reaper was wearing his old, tattered cloak while Error wore a loose black long sleeve shirt and dark blue sweatpants and slippers.

"This was when I moved in with Reaper," Error murmured to himself, a little... wonderstruck. Error felt the end of his mouth twitch when he saw Reaper's joyful, brightly smiling expression in the image. Even though it looked like Error was cussing him out behind him, Reaper looked like he was having the time of his life. He... Oh, gosh... he looks so happy... Error's soul melted as he continued to gaze at the tiny memory in his hand. Carefully, he stuck the picture in his pocket, having yet to decide to keep this image for himself or show Reaper later.