Afterdeath: Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

idk what this is, i wrote it during class so i never edited or even proofread it 😬

TW: arguing between a married couple!!! there is nothing abusive, just some good old disagreements n stuff! i'm not sure if this is even a trigger, but i don't want to upset or trigger anyone who has dealt with fighting parents in the past.

Goth loved his parents. Of course, he and his parents were a family and every family has bumps in the road, and we all at one point wished our parents were on another planet. Let's be real. We've all been there. At the very least, Goth has.

Goth's parents loved each other a lot. Goth often wondered if it was even possible to find the same kind of love his parents had. His parents never really voiced it, Goth could just... tell. He could tell by the way he would catch one of them staring lovingly at the other when they thought nobody was looking, he could tell when one of them would clean up the entire kitchen and dinner when the other was too tired after a long day to help... Goth could tell they loved each other a lot.

But, as all relationships go, especially the married ones, there were arguments. Goth vividly remembers when both his parents got into a really, really scary argument and Goth thought it was something he wasn't supposed to hear. After all, he was around six or seven when it happened.

"Gen," Reaper began slowly, tone low, "We have talked about this a million times."

Even though Goth was in the kitchen eating chicken dinosaurs, he swore could hear the squint Geno made at his husband in the next room. Goth couldn't confirm it since he couldn't see the two, but he was pretty darn sure.

"And?" Geno responded, his tone identical to his husband, "My point still stands. He should move schools."

"No!" This time, Reaper's response was fast. He also sounded exasperated. "That would be the fourth move. He's only seven! And that would be the last school he could move to in this district, which means if he doesn't work out there, we'd have to move into another district."

"Then we'll move!" Geno threw his hands up in the air beside him, eye socket wide and judging. The one Geno was judging, Reaper, dragged a hand down his face tiredly. "No, we won't. We've already talked about this, hon. We both know there isn't a perfect school out there for Goth and– Where are you going?"

When Goth heard Geno speak, his voice was farther away. "Nowhere," Geno growled. Goth heard Reaper ask where Geno was going again and their voices were even farther away than before. "Laundry!" Geno finally spat, "I'm doing laundry!"

"And we're having a conversation!" Reaper shot back, "Don't bring this up just to walk away!" For a moment, nobody spoke, and Goth strained his hearing when his parents started up their argument again.

"He needs to move schools," Geno repeated, ever so slowly. As if to make sure Reaper really heard him. "Reaps, we have to. We don't have a choice!"

Goth could vividly envision Reapers tight, tense smile born out of 'this is so unbelievable it's funny. No, it's not.' "If we keep that mentality, we never will! We can't keep hopping schools. Goth is a child and he has a childhood and we can't take that away from hopping school to school."

Genos voice was considerably louder this time. "Reaps, he could– He could die!"

"No, he can't! There's no reason–" Reaper cut himself off, and Goth assumed he was trying to calm himself down so he wouldn't escalate the argument, "There is no possible way somebody from Grimms gang – all the way in Canada, by the way – would go out of their way to go to an elementary school and assassinate our seven year old son. I cut off contact with Grimm for a reason."