The American Revolution (Continued)

Washington's butt was seriously kicked. Winter was here, and his troops were suffering. Some even downright left.

The British were partying due to the multiple victories and nobody expected an attack in the harsh winter so Washington started to plan an attack in the harsh winter.

Washington crossed the icy river and attacked as the forces were completely off guard. He took them by surprise and after some brutal fighting the enemies were forced to surrender. This was a much needed victory for Washington that once again stabilized his leadership.

The British tried to take back their lost territory but it was Washington's time to kick their butt and the British suffered defeat 3 times in a row and were even forced to leave the city they were previously attacking from. The British finally gave up a huge chunk of land and Washington dug in for a winter camp.

In the north British naval forces set up a camp on NewPort Road Island (probably spelling this wrong) but they failed to do so in the south where the American troops fought hard. Congress (the USA government thingy) sent Benjamin Franklin on a mission to convince France to join them in the war but while the French were generally excited about fighting the Brits they didn't want to join unless it was a sure win. The British on the other side were furious that the war hadn't ended yet and decided to make a drastic move.

General Burgoyne in Montreal and General Howe would try to split the Americans in half from the south and the north and thus screwing over the American communication lines. General Burgoyne was a good boy and advanced quite a bit but met heavy US reinforcements on the way and got stuck. Meanwhile General Howe was a naughty boy and completely abandoned the plan. He sailed towards Philadelphia and defeated Washington thus taking the US capital. Congress escaped to York and thankfully the US didn't fall. Yet.

Meanwhile General Burgoyne was left alone to fight the ever increasing US army. General Horatio Gates along with our old friend Benedict Arnold were fighting over whose plot was the best. After some heated debate, Gates, as the senior officer won but Arnold defied his orders and just charged at the British and obliterated them. Back in Congress Gates took all the glory and Benedict was left uncredited, even though it was his plan and work.

The British king fired General Howe for disobedience. Both Generals Howe and Burgoyne retreated to Britain leaving General Clinton to take over the war. And the war itself was going to take a nasty turn because it looked like the US were winning so France finally joined the war on the Americans' side and declared war on Britain. It was kinda funny because the king of France was helping a republic to overthrow another king, and what if the French decided to revolt against him? What if somebody got crazy and chopped a lot of heads off?

That's called foreshadowing.

Washington's job was on the line again with the winter still heavily kicking his butt. Then a man out of nowhere asked Washington if he could give his men a whole European training. Washington agreed and train them this guy did.

They learnt to shoot accurately, walk in formation, who to obey and who to not, and most importantly they learnt to not shoot their fellow comrades. Strict punishments were handed out to any who didn't comply.

With France joining the war the British ordered General Clinton to leave Philadelphia and converge all their troops at New York. Washington sent Benedict Arnold who finally got some credit to reoccupy the city.

Washington chased Clinton's retreating men and the battle was a draw.

Now seriously out of nowhere a madman called John Paul Jones single handedly went to Britain and started raiding towns, ships, supplies and all the while evading capture and then he died.

Due to this the British morale was severely impacted since nobody likes just a bunch of pirates raiding a whole country all the while not being punished for it. Their resources were running low due to this too. The French started to send large fleets to America to support the Americans, and they started having naval skirmishes with the Brits. The Americans were still hoping for a bigger commitment from the French though so they sent another guy to help convince the king.

But the Americans would get even more support. The Dutch started sending supplies and the Spanish declared war on Britain too.

The Spanish would also provide help on the western part of America too causing British troops to be flanked.

Benedict Arnold got into a bit of trouble and that was too many uncrediting and stuff to handle for him. Benedict joined the Brits and escaped to New York. His betrayal shook George Washington and Arnold would start raiding US towns throughout the war.

Some time later the British were angry that the war still wasn't over yet and their wallet was still empty. The British changed their tactics and heavily attacked the south which fell easily. It looked like the war was turning in their favor but wait Horatio Gates, who was Washington's greatest rival went to fight the Brits and got his butt kicked, then Washington's favorite man Nathanael Greene replaced Gates and came to fight the British again.

Sneaky Greene led the British on a wild goose chase and the heavy British troops were much slower than the mobile and fast American ones. Then Greene crossed the river, picked up some forces and turned back to face the now exhausted British and it was the Brits' butt to be kicked this time. (he won but he lost much more men)

By now both sides needed something desperate to end the war. The American soldiers were facing no supplies and the Brits were out of money.

And something like that came.

The French were showing up in greater numbers now and together they kicked the UK's butt. General Cornwallis, who was a great man, had no choice but to surrender to the Americans and by that the British decided the war had to end; it just wasn't worth the money and effort. Like you put 1000 dollars into a gambling machine with a 10% chance to win back 1100 (only +$100 lmao) and 90% that you lose everything.

So everybody came to a peace negotiation where the US would pay all its debts to the UK and the UK would give a huge chunk of territory to the US in return. Then George Washington became the first president of the US hooray and a long time afterwards had his face carved on a mountain I think

So there you have it. The American Revolution. (Also France is broke for helping the US lmao) And certainly the people of France wouldn't be inspired by that and revolt against the king and imprison the king's family and cut all their heads off.

Tune in to the next chapter.