Chapter 02

Thanks for being patient with me. I have to spilt this chapter into two parts because it have 11000+ words

 I have to spilt this chapter into two parts because it have 11000+ words

Arnav opened the room and walked
inside holding her hand. Khushi ran her eyes all over the neatly arranged room.

"This was the room where I used to hide when I and maa used to play hide and seek. I was small and always hide behind that curtain. At that time I thought that she can't see me when I used to hide here." Arnav pointed at the curtain in the guest room.

After getting out of the shower Arnav had taken Khushi for a house tour. He wanted to show her the house where he has grown up.

"Well, it's a common thing in every parent's life." Khushi commented looking around the room. He took her hand and walked out of the guestroom.

"This corridor used to be our racing platform. I had a craze for remote cars and we used to play car races. I always used to win against maa or Hari kaka." Khushi knew that he grew up alone, without many friends.

"You never told me this." She complains like a child.

"I never played it after..." He stopped and looked at Khushi who lightly squeezed his hand.

"It's okay. I'm happy that you told me this." Arnav showed her almost all the room except one.

"Arnav, what about that room?" Khushi saw a locked room bit away from his parent's former room. She is about to move towards the room when he held her hand to stop her. When she turned around, she saw a very disturbed Arnav.

"I don't want you to go to that room, even if it's the last place in this whole world." He said looking at the big brown door which is being locked. There is a window near to that room which is also closed.

"Is that..." Khushi muttered to herself understanding that it is the room where his mother died by hanging. That's the same window where he stood watching his mother die slowly in front of him.

"...the room I fear the most in my life." He answered her unspoken question. She turned towards his and cupped his face with her hand.

"Are you okay Arnav?" She looked at the broken man in front of her.

"I will be, just don't leave me." She hugged him burying her face onto his neck while stroking his back.

"I will be always with you." She replied and decided to divert the topic. They broke the hug and she took him away from there.

"You told me that you have a surprise for me. Did you forget about it?" She questioned him on their way.

"No, I didn't forget about it. Come with me." Arnav took her to the backyard towards a big mango tree.

"This is the surprise I told you. Remember I told you about something that is close to me from my birth."

"You mean this tree was the thing you mentioned to me?" She asked.