Chapter 1

“Watch out!” I shout jumping face down and covering my ears as a bomb is set off. My body lifts off the ground and slams back down at the impact. My ears are ringing, but I quickly get up grabbing the gun that fell beside me and run. My partner is running along side me and we both turn back to shoot at as many of them as we can. 

“Phoenix we have to take cover! They’ll bomb us again!” She shouts. We turn a corner and hide behind a wall, trying to figure out a game plan.

I shake my head,“No if we hide for too long they’ll get away, we need to distract them somehow and move towards them, there’s four guys left and two of us, but we got this.” I say breathing heavy. I can feel blood dripping down my forehead from the impact with the ground, but I just ignore it. My partner, Viper, peeks her head around the corner quickly to get a view of the area before turning back to me. 

“Okay okay, if I come at them from this way, I can run fast enough to go right passed them, they’ll be disoriented, just long enough for you to get up to this building and shoot at them from above. Clear shot.” She says cocking back her gun and getting into a running stance. “Ready?”

I nod and grip the side of the building immediately climbing my way up its side, gripping the window sills for support. I jump onto the roof and go to the edge aiming my gun. Viper takes off at an alarming speed towards the men who are still looking around for us. They see her coming and start shooting, two of them are coming towards her, but she ducks down sliding on her knees and taking them out by their legs. She gets back up swiftly and continues moving. I run from the top of the building leaping over to land on the next roof, closer to the targets. Leaning over the wall I shoot twice, getting head shots of the other two men. Viper comes back around and finishes off the two she had taken down before as I climb back down the building. We stand in the wreckage, breathing heavy, smiling at each other. We do our signature hip bump as the rest of the force arrives to take care of the damage.  

***
We get back to the agency and have the medics check out our wounds. We have nothing serious, but I need a few stitches for my forehead. While the doctor works, the Captain comes into the room. She stands in the doorway, her face looking guilty. 

“Hey Cap, whats up?” I ask, hopping off the bench after I’m patched up. 

“I need you to follow me” She says turning around and walking, I quickly follow her down the hall and we come to her office. “You didn’t do anything wrong, but you’re not going to like what I have say” She says leaning against her desk. I cross my arms, feeling a little nervous. 

“Okay, just tell me” 

“We’re separating you from Viper and placing you with a new partner for a case” shes says quickly, like she knows I will be upset. And she was right, my eyebrows furrowed in anger. 

“What you do mean you are separating me? And new partner? I don’t need a new partner, Viper and I have a system and we’re unstoppable. We can take any case.” I say annoyed. The Captain shakes her head and walks around to behind her desk, pulling out a folder. 

“You both can’t take this case I’m afraid. It’s a special undercover situation, you need a male partner for.” She says calmly. 

“Male partner?! Come on, there’s nothing that a man can do that Viper can’t!” I say throwing my hands in the air. She opens the folder and goes through the information, handing me a document. 

“We have reason to believe that this couple, who owns a Bed and Breakfast down on the eastcoast, are creating nuclear weapons somewhere on the property. So we need you and your partner to go undercover as a couple and stay there to scope out the area for proof before we can come in full force.” she says, I open my mouth to talk, but she stops me “and before you argue that you and Viper could be lesbians, this couple is very Christian. So this is the option you have to take” She finishes. I let out a frustrated puff of air and hand the document back to her.