Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

The next morning I wake up feeling very warm and cozy. I almost sigh into the feeling when I realize that the warmth is a person. There are arms around my waist and I freeze in my spot, turning my head slightly to see Bucky pressing against me from behind, his bare chest against my back. I turn back around with wide eyes. He must have moved in his sleep. Which is peculiar because he seemed so put off by the thought of sharing a bed with me. You’d think even his subconscious would back off if he really didn’t want to. I try to shift carefully out of his hold, but with my movements he ends up squeezing me to him tighter. I let out a small yelp which causes him to stir awake. When he realizes the position we’re in he moves away so fast he accidentally pushes me forward and I tumble off the bed with an ‘oof’ 

“Aw man what the fuck!” I shout sitting up and rubbing my ass where it hit the ground. 

“I….um…. Sorry” He says and I go to respond when there’s a knock at our door. I stand up and walk over, unlocking it and opening it to the cheerful faces of Mary and John. 

“Good morning! Just wanted to check on you again! John has something to say about last night.” Mary smiles, nudging John in the arm. 

“Uh. yes yes. I would like to apologize to James for bringing up and pushing the subject of his arm when he seemingly was quite uncomfortable talking about it” he says. I open the door wider so that he is looking at Bucky when he says this. I give him a look as if to say “make peace” and Bucky accepts his apology. 

“Great! Now that that’s settled we have a big day planned for the couples! First, we will be horseback riding and then second, there will be fancy dress at dinner!” She smiles clapping her hands together. “Us ladies will split from the men after we ride horses and go shopping!” She whispers to me. 

“So fun!” I say lying through my fake smile, hoping I didn't sound too sarcastic. They leave us to get ready for breakfast and horses and when I close the door again I lean against it letting out a sigh. 

“Jesus they don’t pay us enough for this shit” I mutter. Bucky laughs at that which makes my head pop up. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him laugh. It makes me chuckle along with him. 

“Bucky, have you ever been on a horse?” I ask. 

“Nope you?” he replies.

“Not once” I say. 

We both stare at each other with a silence that says "yeah we're screwed"

“This should be fun then” He says sarcastically and I laugh. It was actually kind of nice to be around him when he wasn’t being a dick. 

After breakfast, we all walk to the horse barn with jeans and boots, ready to ride the trails. I was really nervous which was funny because I was one of the top agents in the country, but I was a little scared to ride a horse for the first time. But I’m hoping that maybe somewhere along these trails is a clue to where the bunker might be.  

When we reach the barn Mary and John direct us to the stalls that have the horses we are going to be riding.

“Now, each of your horses has a name! It’s written on their collar. It’s important to connect with your horse when you ride them. The better relationship the more they will listen to you. So take a few minutes, brush your horses and let them know who you are. I rolled my eyes at this, walking into my stall. My horse was beautiful with a shiny black coat. I looked at her collar and smiled. Ironically her name was y/n. 

“Hi there Y/n. I’m Y/n. Pretty similar huh.” I say and laugh at myself. I’m talking to a horse. Bucky’s stall is right next to mine and I can hear his voice murmuring to his own horse and lean in closer to the side to listen.