Chapter 4

The next morning when I wake up Bucky is facing the other way still asleep. I sit up in bed pulling my legs to my chest, my head resting on my knees. I thought about last night, how I felt in the moment and how I feel now. Does this change anything? It doesn’t make any sense at all from the way Bucky’s been treating me, so was lust all this was? Just a way to let off some steam? But then again Bucky said that he’d wanted this for so long, so what did that mean. I close my eyes and let out a breath before climbing out of bed to get in the shower. Was he even going to want to talk about this?

Bucky’s POV

I can hear her sit up behind me, I lie there in the bed wide awake facing away from her. I don’t know if I should turn around, or if I should pretend to be asleep. My mind is racing with what she may be thinking about. I curse myself for getting so carried away with my feelings, and I know that I need to take a step back before something terrible happens. I feel the bed shift and I close my eyes in case she sees that I'm awake. She gets up off the bed and I hear her enter the bathroom and turn the shower on. I sit up in bed and rub my face. My heart clenches at the thought of what it felt like to have her body so close to me like that. She’s more amazing than I imagined she’d be. But there’s just so much that she doesn’t know about me. So much that she could run away from. 

There’s a knock at the door while she is still in the bathroom and I get up to see what kind of weird shit Mary and John had planned for today. When I open the door they are standing there with cheery smiles. 

“Hello James! John and I will be bringing the couples out for a trip to do Swan Boat racing today!” Mary exclaims. I internally groan and look back to the bathroom door, an idea popping into my head. 

“Unfortunately Mary, Y/n woke up this morning extremely ill. She’s actually in the bathroom right now just puking everywhere” I say, proud of myself for thinking up this excuse. 

“Oh. That’s terrible” John says and Mary nods with him. 

“Yes, you better stay here then. In good news maybe that means she’s pregnant!” Mary says cheerily nudging my arm. Jesus, for nuclear scientists these people sure are fucking happy about everything. I smile and put up my hands crossing my fingers. 

“We can only hope!” I say faking a smile. Mary claps her hands together and her and John leave the room. I close the door and lock it, sitting back on the bed letting out a sigh. I’m glad that worked. I hear the bathroom door unlock and Y/n comes out wrapped in her towel. I stand up, my breath hitching in my throat as I see all the marks scattering her neck and chest. I wince at myself and open my mouth to say something, but I don’t know what to say. She stares at me, waiting for something, anything about last night. And all I want is to kiss her again and tell her everything it meant to me. But I can’t. 

“Uh… Mary and John just came by. They’re all going Swan boat….racing? So I told them you were really sick and we couldn’t go, so they’ve all left” I say. She’s silent for a second before a laugh bubbles out of her. 

“Swan boating racing? They’ve got to be fucking joking” She chuckles moving to the dresser to grab clothes. I laugh a little too.

“So I guess this means we can look for the bunker now? Get this whole thing over with?” She says.

“Yeah.” I say, realizing that this really was about to be over and everything will go back to the way it was. Y/N will return to having Bella as a partner and I’ll go back to being alone. It’s probably for the best. “I’ll just go shower real quick and we can start looking” 

After we were both ready, we hid our weapons under our clothing and headed out to the golf course. Y/n called the agency to let them know we have a lead and to send people over. While we were walking to the sand pit I found the metal door in, Y/n starts talking about last night.