Chapter Two

We ran through the gates and swerved towards the doors, Peter falling behind to say hi to some other nerds, and me stopping only to wave at MJ and Harry as they huddled by the doors in hope of warmth. 

I hadn't even realized it, but it was cold. How had I not noticed? I peeked at my phone as I went inside, and was a bit surprised when the date being displayed was February 19. My God, mid-winter break had sped by. 

I don't even give it another thought, I just rush inside and plop down in the farthest back seat in my homeroom. I check my phone. 8:38 AM. One minute behind schedule, but it doesn't really matter to me anyway. A minute is a minute, what does it really matter?

I grab my pencil, headphones, and sketchbook from my bag, and I slip the headphones on right as the first bell rings at 8:40. My favorite lofi radio station is streaming, so I turn that on and start doodling away.

The rest of the kids start to filter in, and the teacher starts to go over some homework that hadn't been turned in, but I barely notice any of it. I had already turned in all of the work on the first day, just to make sure that I dont't get caught up in any "detention" nonsense.

About halfway through the class, I stop sketching a beautiful piece of Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia (what? i like anime, sue me) to look out the window at the view. I loved it here.

The skyscrapers were like little blades of grass poking up into the clear sky, multicolored and unique

The skyscrapers were like little blades of grass poking up into the clear sky, multicolored and unique. The cars and people were slow, too, like caterpillars. I subconsciously watched one of the particular taller skyscrapers with interest.

Today would be such a nice day to die, I think to myself, before shaking my head and reeling back into reality. Not today, Shiz... not now. Just enjoy the view.

I finished the drawing, and then got bored, so I snuck out the window of the classroom to the hallway, ready to practice my knifing. I could feel their sleek metal handles pressing into my arm, yearning to get used, but I refrained, still being on school property and all. Instead, I used my pencil from earlier, managing to get some good swings out before I realized the time.

Shit, class is almost over! I sneak back in the window, grab my stuff, and dash out the door. The teacher notices it, and yells at me running out, to which I simply replied with a simple laugh, realizing just how much of a resemblance he shares with Iida Tenya.

When the bell rings for the second time, I go to my locker to grab a book for social studies (I've already read it, of course, but its so interesting!), and I see a slip of paper at the bottom of my locker that wasn't left there by me. I pick it up, confused, and read it.

Hope you have a terrible day! See you at lunch, ugly! -Your secret hater <3

Of course, I instantly know who its from, and my heart goes all warm and fuzzy for a second. "That idiot," I say, clutching the note to my chest. I can't stop a small grin from building on my face, but it fades when I hear the crunch of Flash Thompson's fist colliding with the locker doors. God, even his punch sounds stupid! 

I start to head towards the sound, and, as suspected, he's going up to Peter with his whole "locker knocker time!" act. Ugh, so pathetic. And he never gives it up, too! Everyday after 1st period, just like clockwork.

I felt a little guilty for Peter, since I hadn't made it there in time yesterday, so I had resolved to stop Flash today. He's always been scared of me, for some reason, and it's made my life and the lives of my friend group so much easier. Still, he always thinks he has to get one up of Peter for some reason. I've never understood it myself.

I walk in a straight line towards Peter, ready to jump between him and King Kong, when a hand grabs Peter from behind and pulls him back. Just in time, too, cause from the shake of his locker when Flash ran into it, he would've been lunch meat. Not as good for me though, cause since I was headed right for his locker, I run into the locker door as it closes.

It hurt, but not enough for me to make a fuss about it. I turn around, looking for the person who saved Peter, and instead find four- four new students who Peter must've made an impact on at some point, otherwise they never would've saved him. I stay back to remain conspicuous, but I still examine the new kids fairly well.

They're all surprisingly tall for their age, and pretty fit too. The biggest one looks entirely made out of muscle, the blond-haired one... not as much, but still, muscles everywhere. And the smallest of the three boys looked rugged, and with barely any visual muscles.

And they're all cute, but in their own ways. But the girl looks serious as hell, like you do NOT want to cross her path. I like her.

I made a mental note to find out more about them after school. But second period was starting, and I didn't want MJ to be alone, especially since Flash was in that class. But, judging from how full Peter's locker normally is, he might not be there at all. Boy, would that be a plus.