Chapter Four

I stay in the bathroom until class resumes, and then I take the longest route possible back to my science class, using the extra time to think over what happened. After pacing back and forth in front of the gym doors for 10 minutes, I decide to quit thinking about it, or else I'm gonna get a migraine. I shuffle my feet as I walk in the door of the classroom, and I can feel everyone's eyes shift to me. I don't give a damn anyway, so I look everyone in the eye and then sit down next to Harry.

"Dude, where did you go?" He asks after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence. "MJ was looking all over for you." "I had to go the nurse's office," I lie. "Forgot some pills that I need to take." He clearly didn't believe me, but it was clear that I wasn't gonna say anymore, so he focused on the teacher again.

I pulled my sketchbook out and decided that the newest drawing would be Light Yagami from Death Note. I love that anime so much... (not for the reasons that I know you're thinking). I start on a sketch, and Harry seems impressed with my drawing skills. He kept looking over my shoulder when I shaded in his suit or hair, and didn't say a thing for the rest of class, which was very unlike him- he's always the class chatterbox.

 He kept looking over my shoulder when I shaded in his suit or hair, and didn't say a thing for the rest of class, which was very unlike him- he's always the class chatterbox

When we got out, he ran up behind me and did the thing that I hated most- he put the spotlight on me. "Hey, guys, look at this drawing she did!" I give him a quick death glare, but keep walking, hoping that he would catch the hint. Sadly, he didn't, so eventually there's a whole crowd of people surrounding me, wanting to see the drawing. I get so tired of it that I scream, and everybody moves away.

I walk up to Harry, who now looks concerned. "Harry Theopolis Osborn," I seeth, not caring that I just used his middle name. His face flushes in embarrassment, and there are a few chuckles around us. "Never. Do. That. Again. Do you hear me?!" He nods nervously as I tear out the drawing and shove it into his hand. "Take it, but leave me alone." I turn around and proceed to grab my bag and walk out the front doors, despite the fact that school wasn't over for another hour and a half.

On the walk back home, I silently curse his name. He knows that I hate being the center of attention! In fact, I prefer to deflect all attention away from me. He probably forgot in the heat of the moment, but that's still no excuse. My thoughts are soon deflected off that sour moment when I hear a scream from an alley in the next street. I reach into my bag and grab my mask, which I pull down over my face as I run across the street and towards the sound.

Turning the corner, I see an obviously rich man- early fifties, I'd guess, expensive suit, briefcase, spotless shoes- getting beaten by a group of teenagers, probably a local gang. Before I can try and understand more, one of the cronies pulls out a baton from his bag, and I know that it's meant for the man. My hands curl into fists, and I shout out to them. "Hey!" Everyone freezes, and four pairs of scared eyes turned my way.

The poor man tried to take the opportunity and run, but the largest of the thugs grabs him by the collar of his shirt and holds him in place. I am still in the shadows, but when the teenagers can see that I am a girl, they all start laughing. "He's mine," I say loudly, putting on a charade that I've used thousands of times. "My alley, my money." The victim's eyes go wide in momentary terror, but the gang doesn't seem fazed.

"Too slow, princess." The largest one pipes out, still keeping a firm grip on the man's shirt. "He's our property now." "Well, too bad for you, then." As those words escape my lips, one of the thugs rushes at me, but I stretch my hands out and call on my power, causing bright balls of lightning to form in my palms. They all stumble backward as if trying to run away, but the alley dead ends about a yard behind them, so the effort was useless.

"Let him go." I say calmly, despite my vision getting slowly taken over by dots. The others run out, but the leader stands strong, eyes wide with fear. "N-no." He says, his voice quivering slightly. "Ok." Reluctant to stop using my power, I switch tactics. I click the dispenser in my sleeve, and a sleek metal handle slides into my hand.

I throw the knife at the thug with master accuracy, pinning him to the wall. Then I get up in his face, and give him a warning. "If I ever catch you robbing someone so unfairly again, I will not hesitate to fry your ass. Got it?" He nods violently, but when the knife gets pulled out of his shirt, he slowly mopes out, glaring at me the entire time.

The victim stands up and reaches out his hand to shake. "Thank you so much, miss. The name's Norman. Norman Osborn." My eyes widen slightly, but I don't think he can tell behind the mask. "Electric Shadow. Pleasure to meet you, Norman." I say as I shake his hand. "Electric Shadow..." he repeats quietly. "That's quite catchy. Are you a superhero?" "Yep!" I exclaim proudly, noticing the glint of greed in his eyes.

"Would you mind telling me about yourself?" he asks eagerly, pulling out a pad of paper and a pen. Jesus, this guys comes prepared. Creepy... I apologize and start to walk away, but he grabs my arm and gives me his business card. "If you ever need anything, I'll be happy to oblige." Nodding my thanks, I run out of the alley, grabbing my bag from the floor where I had dropped it. He doesn't know, but I always use that alley to change into my costume, so I wait for him to get out of there.

When he doesn't come out for a while, I dig into the security cameras in that alley, and see him on the phone with someone. "A new superhero! How exciting!" he boasts to someone else. I could easily see who it was, but I didn't want to drain myself too fast. I had already used quite a bit of energy (ha, puns) with the stunt I pulled in the alley, and tapping into the camera was making me grow more tired by the minute. I can spare a few volts, so I decide to shoot a little electricity out of the camera and direct it towards the phone, intended to drain the battery for a few minutes so he could leave.

The bolt hits directly, startling him so bad that he yelps and drops the phone. He's smart, since he immediately picks it up and leaves, looking for some place to charge it. I exit the camera's feed and walk back into the alley after making sure no one was near. I use a lot of energy to put up an electronic screen in front of the alley that makes it seem empty, but will shock anyone who comes close. It only lasts for about a minute at most, but I'm already changed in 30 seconds. I shove my clothes into my bag and stash it inside one of the buildings before taking down the screen and running out to find someplace to recharge.

Ok, guys! This chapter was a bit of a monster, and I stayed up so much trying to finish this. I was gonna have this scene be a huge fight scene with a legit villain and shit, but didn't get to that. Instead, we got to see her badass awesomeness in action! Sorry it took so long to update, I was taking a bit of a break and catching up on anime. I have no new polls this time, so you're just gonna have to wait until the next chapter and see what I have in store!

P.S.- A quick guide on her power: It's called Electric, and she can control any kind of electricity. However, she has a limit, and despite having the power for 7 years, she still can't use it for more than 8 minutes without collapsing (hence the fear of the black dots overtaking her vision- that's what people see when they're about to pass out.) She can recharge by sucking energy out of anything, from street lights and phones to billboards or even people, but she's never used it on people. And yes, people do have electricity inside of them, its what keeps our hearts beating, so she could potentially suck energy from people, but there's always the risk of their heart stopping. She can also tap into anything electric to use for her benefits, and can shoot lightning from her hands Emperor-Palpatine style. But doing that drains her super fast, and she's terrified of doing it.