Chapter Ten

QUICK WARNING: THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG-ASS CHAPTER

Half an hour later I knock on Harry's door, ready to watch movies. What I wasn't prepared for was Flash Thompson to open the door and let me in. His face was still bruised from my kick, but he saw that I was wearing combat boots and decided not to mess with me. I step inside, and really hate what I see. "A party?!" I scream in Harry's face when I see him. "I thought we were watching movies! You need to tell me this shit, man!" He nods serenely and vanishes off towards the refreshments table. Looking around at the crazy kids dancing on tables and pigging out on his food, I have a realization. I really hate teenagers. But I am kinda hungry, so I go grab some chips from the table when I sense someone behind me. I turn around, and I see Flash with the goofiest grin I've ever seen on anyone. In an instant I can tell that he's drunk as hell. I try to walk away, but there's kids everywhere so I'm cornered with a drunk high-schooler. Wonderful. 

He starts walking close and his breath smells like cigarettes and alcohol, which is not a good mix. I push him back, but he grabs my waist and pulls me into him. I try and kick him off, but he won't let go. I shock him, and hit him, but he doesn't release me until another kid grabs him and pulls him off. I back up and breathe a sigh of relief then look up into the face of my savior. Danny. He sees the expression on my face and grabs my hand, dragging me away of the group of kids and out onto the balcony. Once out there, he turns around and grabs my shoulders gently. "You okay?" he asks, obviously concerned. I nod, and he lets go. Immediately, I fall onto one of the comfy chairs on the deck and shiver. "Thank you so much, Danny." I say quietly. "I got so scared for a second." He sits down in front of me, folding his legs under him like a Buddha statue. "I understand," he replies. "He was being stupid. Put together a stupid teenager and some alcohol, you're bound not to get something good." I chuckle at that, but I'm still worried.

"Well," I say suddenly, getting up and brushing off my hands. "I'm gonna go get some drinks. Thanks again, Danny." He seems the slightest bit disappointed, but he nods and I walk inside. However, instead of heading towards the tables, I run upstairs and into the bathroom. Harry's so rich, his place has a boy's and a girl's bathroom. And there aren't even any girls who live here! That's flexing on a major level. In the girl's, I wash my face and look into the mirror. I'm so used to seeing this confident teenage girl, but this time I see something different- I actually look scared. That encounter with Flash must've taken a bigger toll on me than I thought. I stay in that position until I hear thumping and shouts from the other side of the wall. In fact, the floor seemed to be shaking. Is something going on in the boys' bathroom? I walk out the door, but I'm not just gonna waltz in there like I own the place- that would be disrespectful on so many levels. I see Peter bolt out of there faster than even I could run, and before I can ask what's wrong, the door breaks down and throws me off the landing. I land hard on my back in front of the other kids, but I get up quick. Out of the corner of my eye, I see that Peter had a hard tumble too and was getting helped up by peers.

My attention is torn from him when I hear inhuman growling coming from the second floor. As we all watch in silence, a pitch-black creature emerges from the bathroom and starts to barrel down the stairs. Panic breaks out, and kids start rushing for the door as the creature breaks the lights and starts going crazy. I whip out my knives and rush towards it, but Danny grabs my arm and pulls me towards the door. "What are you doing?" I ask him, struggling to escape his hard grip. "Saving your life!" he shouts over all the chaos. "Get out of here!" At that he lets me go and I get caught up in the swarm of scared teenagers. I see Harry by the door, and Peter's probably with his new friends.... "MJ!" I shout, trying to escape. "MJ, where are you?!" When I finally get out, I make my way over to the door but she's not there. Then I actually start using my brain. Knowing her, she'd try to get a picture of the action, which means she'd follow it. I turn around and hear explosions. Rushing to the broken window, I peek my head through and see the creature chasing Spider-Man up on top of the building. Of course, she must be on the roof!