Chapter Nine

I woke up in a completely white room, and for a second, I thought I was in heaven. But then my eyes came more into focus, and I saw that it was simply a hospital room. Wait, that means I didn't die? How? Then I remembered all the superheroes that resided in NYC. Damn them. I don't want to live anymore! Tears well up for a moment and a single tear escapes my eye. I decide to take in my surroundings- clean bed, vase of flowers, and... I can vaguely make out the shadows of people standing outside the door. I invite them in, and the door opens only for me to get attacked. I shout, but the amount of people bear-hugging me muffles them. They pull away slightly, and I can see everyone's faces- Harry, Peter, Ava, Danny, Luke, Sam. "Where's MJ?" I ask, my voice trembling slightly. She turns the corner with a card in her hand, and we lock eyes. She gasps, drops the card, and runs towards me. At the same time, I jump out of the bed and run towards her to everyone's disdain. We collide in the hallway and fall over each other, crying. "Why the hell would you do that?!" she yells at me, hitting me in the gut. I double over, groaning, but it turns into a laugh pretty quickly. She starts laughing through her tears, and we both drag each other back to the others who were watching with joy. I get back in the bed, and everyone makes a little circle around me. There's scattered tears and hugs from everyone except for Danny. He just stands back and watches me sadly.

"Wait, wait, wait," I say, trying to understand the situation. "Ok, what happened, and how long have I been here?" I was trying to seem like I'd forgotten because if they told me the right story, they would know that I have powers. MJ and Harry stare in bewilderment at me. "Do you seriously not remember?" Harry asked, seeming a bit mad. I shake my head no, and he fills in the blanks. "You tried to jump off the Singer Building! No idea how you got up there, but you were saved by Spider-Man, who had also saved a superhero a few minutes earlier." I let out a slight sigh of relief, since they didn't know I was the superhero. MJ picks up on his story after that. "He brought you here a couple of hours ago, and you've been asleep ever since. End of story." Peter smiles a bit and pipes up from the back of the group. "Hey, you're still coming to Harry's tonight, right?" I nod my head, but notice how Harry seemed to glare at Peter when he said that. Uh, oh. Dramaaa! I think, chuckling slightly. "Absolutely." Everyone seems a bit happier when I say that. "Just let me get out of the hospital first, if you will, your Highness." Bowing jokingly in Harry's direction, which makes everyone laugh.

They release me a few minute later, and I walk out of there surrounded by people. I've almost completely forgotten about Ash, and I feel truly happy for the first time in a while. Plus, the new kids seem really attached to me. Even Danny, who was talking to me as we walked out. We each go our separate ways, and I head back home to get ready for the sleepover.

OK, I just realized how short my chapters are getting, Idk why that's happening but it is... so ill try to write longer chapters, i guess? sorry just really confused, it's really early and i only got 6 hours of sleep last night so im tired as hell. umm yea, but i promise that venom's gonna be in the next chapter! ik ive been saying that for a while, but i swear this time. okie dokie, imma publish this and get a nap, so byeee!