Chapter 28

Yes, I am about to commit murder, but can you really blame me? Out of all of the Elena bullshit I have to handle on a daily basis, Bonnie was the one that would help her out when it came to Elena's bullshit. I gave them so many chances, unlike my brothers. No, my brothers would have already ripped through her if I hadn't told them to hold off, to give the girl the benefit of the doubt. Bonnie was trying to make my brothers and I look weak.

Mikaelsons are not weak.

For a millennia the Mikaelson family has fought for their lives in the world. We fought Mikael, evil witches, and countless werewolves.

I would not allow a Bennett witch to live trying to kill my family.

Whatever motivations she had are stupid. She may be a witch, one of nature's servants, but that gives her no right to kill someone. Witches are all the same these days. They will kill whoever does not share the same morals as them and claim to be higher than anyone else because they can do some witchy mojo. I could do the same mojo as them and yet, in the end, they would always be scared of what I am. An abomination, as they would put it.

As the bell rang, I found myself cornering Bonnie outside of her car. "Bennett witch, your time has come," I whispered into her ear. "Your magic will not work on me, so don't try anything. Just let death come. You'll still be here, just unable to harm me or my family."

"Elena and Alaric will kill you. They'll kill all of you. Jer will be released from his compulsion and will come home to Elena. They'll find a way to bring me back, they'll find a witch willing to do it. You will always lose, Astrid, and you will lose everything and everyone you care about. I will make sure that they take everything from you, just as he took everything from me!" Bonnie ranted. I giggled and ran my hand through her hair. She scrunched back, attempting to use her magic on me. Of course, it never worked. Her magic was weak and useless against a siphoner.

"Well, considering that they'll be dead before they can do that, I doubt it. You see, Bonnie, you're so delusional that you actually believe that Elena cares about you, that she ever has. Doppelgangers are all the same. They use people and then they betray them and throw them away when the people have no more use to them. You didn't lose everything to Niklaus Mikaelson, you lost everything because you were too damn stupid to see past Elena's manipulation and lies. In my humble opinion, all the doppelgangers are useful for is their blood for witches to use in evil and dark magic. I guess her blood is useful to you, dark witch," I grab the girl's arm and start to siphon off of her.

The magic influx was euphoric. I felt all of her magic drain from her body. I hadn't killed a witch this way for over 100 years. Everything just felt so damn powerful. My magical core was filling up and stabilizing when she dropped to the ground, dead. I laughed as the blood poured from her nose and eyes.

I heard a scream from the other side of the parking lot. Elena Gilbert.

The young doppelganger ran up to me and tried to gut me. Too bad that I had her best friend's magic and 1000 years of experience under my belt. I groaned and grabbed Elena by the hair, most likely pulling out large locks. She groaned in pain as I used my magic to burn her skull. By this time, Alaric had come out and had seen Bonnie's dead body, I turned to him and waved.

"Just so everyone is clear, if you attack me, you're dead. Alaric, you are the one who helped raise my abusive, manipulative father. I'm going to give you a sentence to save you. Use your words wisely," I announced to Elena and her guardian, who took in a deep gulp, his breath hitching as I wrapped one hand around the doppelganger's neck.

Did she not know that she was now useless to Nik? He had his blood and she had become a vampire. His hybrids wouldn't be drinking vampire blood. It was the whole reason that Katerina turned in the first place. Now that she was a vampire, we could easily kill her. Her line ended with her, she was as good as dead now.

"We have the ascendant that you're working to find," Alaric blurted out. Good play, old man. I think that you may live to see tomorrow.

"I'm listening," I drop Elena, who rushes next to Alaric.

"I'll give it to you if you forgive us for everything," I click my tongue at his words. As much as I wanted to kill Elena, I wanted that ascendant more. "I need your word."

My word was something that I did not give often. On the odd chance that I did give it, my word would be final. Everything else overruled what promises I made. You did have to word what you wanted me to promise, or else you could end up dead.

"I, Astrid Mikaelson of the Original Vampires, the Original Heretic Vampire, give my word to you, Alaric Saltzman, vampire hunter and high school history teacher, that I will give you and Elena Gilbert, doppelganger and vampire, a pardon for your previous actions against my family if you give me the ascendant in no more than an hour. Note, Alaric, that any further strikes against my family will not be included in this pardon. If you go against the Mikaelsons again, you will be killed. I will make sure that your death will be painful, torturous. You will beg for my mercy," I give my word, leaving him on a threat.

Elena made a noise of protest before Alaric shushed her. These people hide many secrets, those of which I would unravel one by one. They were safe for now. Knowing Elena, she will move against my family again. She will claim that I gave her my word and I will have to remind her that my word was only for her previous wrongdoings, not future ones. Oh, how it would be nice to just watch her die.

"I have it in my office," Alaric motions for me to come back to the school building. At that moment, Lexi walks by the school, coming to talk to Stefan about her leads on the ascendant. Too bad that I already found it. The blonde woman looks at me and then at the body on the ground and says calmly, "Well, I thought Stefan and I were going to go home but I guess we're disposing of this witch."

"Tell him that Alaric here is showing me to the ascendant. Make sure that Elena can't find her body, I'm still annoyed," I smile at Elena, who starts to cry as Lexi waves to her and runs the body back to her truck. It was funny, such a small girl having a big red truck and a fiery personality that could match my own. I was lucky to call her my friend.

"You can't just take her body! Let us at least have a funeral!" Elena cries out. I roll my eyes and walk up to her, staring her down with a frown on my face.

"What are you going to do about it, Elena?" I question. She sputters as I finish with, "Really, what are you going to do about it?"

"Elena, there is nothing we can do about what happens to Bonnie's body. We have an hour to give Astrid the ascendent or she will kill us all and just take it herself. You will do nothing to Astrid and she will not do anything to you. She doesn't attack unless provoked, so please don't provoke her and get us all killed," Alaric tries to get Elena to just shut her mouth about the whole thing. Elena has likely fake tears streaming down her face as she speeds away somewhere, likely to find Matt and tell him what I had done to their friend.

In all honesty, I had felt bad for Matt since the day I met him in the gym. Damn guy was just human, a boring jock with nothing much going for him. He had it rough.

At that, Alaric led me into a room where he brought out the ascendent and handed it to me. That's it, Elena, I won. I will always beat you.