Chapter 57

Five months later

My heart pounded as I watched my family rip out Joshua Parker's heart, killing him. It was time for the final straw to be placed. The other members of the family were still alive, but only because of the fact that Kai was still human.

"Kol, do it," Kai commanded his mate to kill him. "You aren't hurting me. You have to turn me or they will win. None of them can survive or they'll keep on coming after us."

Disheartened, Kol shook his head, unable to be the one to turn his mate. It wouldn't hurt him, but my brother didn't have it in him. Nik growled and snapped Kai's neck for his younger brother, watching as he fell to the ground. My older brother looked away, unable to see the sight in front of him.

"I'll take him," Nik picked up Kai's limp body, "Let's go inside."

No more words were exchanged between my brothers as the battle ended. The hybrids would have to clean up the mess. Bodies littered the backyard, deceased witches everywhere. I wished that our battles didn't consist of so many damn dead bodies because dead man's blood was terrible for my pregnant nose.

I had been drinking a lot more blood for some unknown reason. On top of all of the food cravings, I craved more and more blood. I secretly hoped that neither of my children got my mate's ripper gene, as I knew how hard that was for him to control when I wasn't there with him.

"Wonder what being half vampire would be like," I mused, turning back to go into the house. "Bet it would be pretty tough. You aren't a vampire but you aren't a human. Actually, they're magical lil baby witches as well."

Stefan, Damon, and I had worked out what we would name our little babies. Tove and Tova would be coming to the family soon as Mikaelson-Salvatores in about two months, which scared the shit out of me because we still didn't have a clue where we would be staying.

Whether or not we would go back to New Orleans still remained a mystery. Caroline and Nik wanted to leave Mystic Falls because they didn't like the place being so small and they wanted to raise their child with more space. Kai and Kol said that "it's the lack of flavor for me", Elijah said he had bad memories here, Laurel and Finn said that they would go wherever Nik and Caroline went, and Stefan and Damon frankly agreed with Elijah. I didn't know what I wanted or how I felt, but I would leave with my family if they wanted to move back to the Original city.

That city held so many terrible and beautiful memories for me. I raised a child there. My child died there without me being alert to save them. I would never forgive myself for what happened to my son. Marcellus was my life. He was Nik's life as well. My brother and I raised that boy up like we would our own children.

I just wished that he could be here to meet his siblings.

"Damn I hate it here," Damon groaned, taking out a bag of blood from the fridge. "Why can't we just move out and go to some other place? These people are starting to think we're sus. I mean, we are pretty sus but that just proves my point. We aren't hiding and we aren't exactly very humanlike."

"It's true," Finn said. "Vampire and werewolf social structures are so different. I think it's best if we leave before the humans around us start to get even more suspicious. It's better that we have some cover up with the babies, but what happens when the hybrids are born? What will we do then?"

"People are being very vocal today," I mutter, grabbing a pickle from the fridge after Damon moves over. "We make decisions as a family."

"Finn's the head of the house. I mean, he's literally older than everyone," Nik looked up at the ceiling, "New Orleans sounds nice."

"You've been talking about that place for months, Nik, what's so great about it? I mean Stefan took a joyride with you back in the 20s but that's besides the point," Val asked my older brother. "Doesn't the place seem a little odd? I mean, you literally keep on bringing up that one place like it's some sort of vampire safe haven."

"It is a vampire haven," Nik informs, "The best of the best when it comes to vampire havens. We built the place up and lived there for 200 years before Mikael drove us out. The place may still have some people wanting to ride off of our success. I don't really know because I haven't given much of a damn about it for so long. Now that Mikael is gone, we can live wherever we want."

"And you want to live there?"

"Most of us do. It was an amazing city," Elijah walks into the room, "Although I do know some members of our family have some reservations about moving."

"I'm seven months pregnant with siphoner hybrid-" Elijah cut me off.

"You're scared, baby sister. I know enough about you to know that you're scared. It's okay to be scared to go back to a place where you lost someone. It could be a challenge, but you used to love the city. All of the lights, the fashion, it was perfect for you. I don't want Mikael to ruin that for you. Eternity is a long time for change and growth."

"What happens if we get attacked?" I asked.

"Just tell anyone if they hurt Niklaus Mikaelson's favorite baby sister they'll be arrested, have me as their judge, and get a life sentence in a crypt," Nik deadpanned.

"God, just leave me out of that," Finn said with his hands in the air. "I'm not messing with that sort of stuff."

"Of course you aren't," Laurel kissed her mate on the cheek. "Oh yeah, we just got a package. More baby stuff. I agree with other people on the moving thing. It is way too cramped in this house. We need some countryside home that we can built onto because there are over fifty hybrids and a dozen untriggered werewolves. We have to get ourselves sorted out when it comes to space or else we'll rip each other apart."

"Boarding house is full," Stefan sighs, "And I can't build onto that place."

"When is my mate going to wake up?" Kol whined, looking at his turning mate, "When can we turn Jeremy? I want him to be one of us."

"Once Henrik gets his head out of his ass and realizes that he's madly in love with him," I roll my eyes, "Like, they have to be mates. There is no way that they aren't. The fates have put these two compatible people together, made them fall in love, and whooosh. It's how every love story goes when one of the parties is human."

"How many of those love stories have you seen?" Damon sassed.

"Plenty."

"Where?"

"My head."

"Okay that is not a reliable source of storytelling."

"What is an author, Damon? The only difference between me and an author is that the ideas stay in my head."

"Goddamnit."