Chapter 46

During my time asleep apparently Kai and Damon became fast friends because they were chatting it up when we walked into the house. Most of the heretics were waiting in the living room for us to come back. Of course, Stefan was there to greet me as well. Being separated and unable to sense my emotions seemed to have done a number on him, his eyes a bit droopy and his hair becoming a mess in just the span of a few hours.

"I missed you so much," Stefan says as he wraps his arms around me. "I couldn't feel anything. It was like you weren't even alive."

Accepting my distressed mate's hug and wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled Stefan into a chaste kiss. Damon snickered and I could hear Kai clear his throat.

"So. . .This is the ripper?" Stefan sends a glare to his older brother who just smirks.

"My name's Stefan. Not a ripper anymore," Stefan explains. Kai nods and shakes his hand awkwardly.

"Ripper!" Nik calls out from the couch. Everyone groans and gives him a shut the hell up you idiot look. "What? He is! I'm just adding to the conversation!"

"Nik, get your head out of your ass and do paperwork or something," I snark at my hybrid brother, who whines and leaves the room, pouting heavily. "Don't worry, Kai, Nik is just being his usual self. Be glad that he hasn't tried to intimidate you yet. If he does, just know that he does it because he's insecure."

"I heard that!" Nik calls from another room. Kai laughs.

"You all really do have good hearing. How do you deal with that? Do you just hear each other doing everything," Val spits out her drink and Mar follows suit, getting her drink all over her shirt.

"Yup. Literally everything gets heard in the Hybrid House. Causes a lot of drama too. Nothing goes unnoticed for long, either. Most of us learn to deal with the lovely background noise," I explain, remembering just how loud my brothers and their mates were while they thought they were having a private moment.

"Don't act like you aren't a screamer as well-" Laurel starts. Finn promptly puts a hand over her mouth and mouths an apology. My face turns a bright red and I sigh.

"Sister-in-souls, amirite?"

"This is going to be fun."

______________________________________________

While Elijah and Kol were unable to greet us, they did come in later to see me. They were sad that they couldn't meet Kai just yet. The rest of the heretics had taken him out shopping. He was due to arrive in about 10 minutes. Mar had made sure to text me when they left the mall.

Nobody from his past had found out our location yet. I was hopeful that even if they did find our location, we would be fine. It would be a strain on Kai, since they had been his family and they did think of him as an abomination and as a monster, but with some new people he could get through the worst of it. That was, if they ever did find us.

The Gemini were awful. The families involved with them had been killing their children since they first found out about siphoners. It was a miracle that Kai was even alive at this point. Kenneth, who had been alive during the 13th century, was killed at the age of 8 when he first started siphoning. At this point, the coven was still located in England.

I watched as the poor boy died. I couldn't save him. It still haunts me. I still remember you, Kenny. I promise that I will not let anyone else suffer what you did. Even if you were supernatural, I hope you found peace. You were just a child and you didn't deserve that. You deserved the world.

Twins throughout the history of the Gemini coven have been born as siphoners. Most of the time the twins would be killed at some point and the leaders would try for another set of twins.

Just like Kai and his family.

By the time that the siphoner man had come back from his shopping trip, Kol and Elijah were waiting anxiously for his arrival. The two of them were nearly sweating, Kol more than Elijah. Then again, Elijah never really showed his true emotions unless pushed.

Kai had a beaming smile on his face as he walked through the doors of the mansion, laughing with the heretics as they all carried their bags. I'm glad that he's getting along with them. He thought that they would hate him, but he's fitting in perfectly. A little more TLC and he'll be good as new.

This was the real Kai Parker. He's just a kid with a huge smile on his face and a love for dark humor and the idea of having a family.

Kol tried to run up to meet the siphoner, but stopped in his tracks as he looked right at his face. I swear to god not again. Why? Is everyone just going to start to bang in this house? It's going to be insane already with the hybrids and us Originals with mates, but them?

Elijah looks at the scene with confusion lacing his eyes. My elder brother looks at me and tilts his head. I shake my head at me and laugh.

"After all this time?" Kol whispers.

"Always," I giggle under my breath. All of the vampires in the room send me a confused look. "Snape? Seriously? Siriusly? My lord has nobody shown you guys the Harry Potter books or the movies?"

"Wait! The books have movies?" Kai exclaims with excitement.

"Mate, what are these Harry Potter books?" Kol had never really liked reading, but I bet that he would like those books. When you get to the 5th book, Kol, you may end up ripping it to shreds when you meet Umbridge. I hate that bitch. Fuck, she's worse than Voldemort could ever be! She's worse than Mikael at this point! Actually, I take that back. I bet Mikael's mate is Umbridge. Fucking toad.

"Only the best books in the history of books! If they have movies I have to watch them!" Kai sounds like a teenage girl when he squeals.

"Wait, you two are mates?" Dear the gods Elijah, you are slower than molasses in January. And dense. I pray for whoever is your mate.

"Yes, Elijah, Kai is my most lovely mate. He also has an affinity for killing just like I do. I approve. This is great. Let's leave that idiot and go hang out somewhere else," Elijah lets out a sound of protest at being called an idiot by his younger brother. "Don't even deny your stupidity, Elijah. You've always been the dullest among us Mikaelsons. You may be smart, but you're also stupid."

"You just contradicted yourself, little brother."

"Did not. You can be smart and stupid at the same time! Look at yourself, Elijah! You're an idiot when it comes to putting small things together. You always have to have it laid out in front of you."

"Such accusations, Kol! I do not! I can put things together just as well as any in our kin."

"Nope."

"You're a menace, little brother."

"I am not!"

Instead of listening to more of my brother's arguing, I decided to take some time to attend to Stefan, who was still looking dead as ever.