(2) Just another day at Ncis

Jack stood at the railing, looking down at Gibbs and his team, they where all at their respective desks finishing the paper work from the last case.

"Doing a little people watching Jack?"

"Whoa Leon, didn't know see ya there. But yeah I'm watching Gibbs and the team..."

Leon leans against the railing next to Jack. "Gibbs and his team are something special aren't they?"

"Yeah he is....." Jack clears her throat. "The TEAM is special, they work well together."

"Yes... You all do, especially Gibbs and you. *buzz* "Oh sorry Jack this is an important call." Leon starts to walk to his office.

"What are you talking about?! No go on it's fine leave!.." Jack sarcastically said as he disappeared into his office. Then she turned back the bullpen to watch. "Yeah we do work well together." Jack said to herself as she smiled. Gibbs could feel her eyes on him, he gazed up at her and smiled.

Jack smiled at him, his ice blue eyes made her heart skip a beat and she could feel her blushing so she quickly left for her office. "Oh my..... I hope he didn't see that!" Jack shut the door behind her, as she leaned against it she laughed, Jack walked to her desk and sat down. *ring*ring* "Oh..." she answers her phone.

"Hey Jack."

"Oh hi Gibbs, how's your morning going?"

"It's good, just wanted to say that we got a case so I might need you. For the case." Gibbs said with a chuckle.

"Anything for you...guys."

"Okay, bye Jack."

"Bye Gibbs." Jack said before Gibbs ended the call.

AT THE CRIME SCENE:

"Boss Nick found the suicide note on the table by the the Petty officer."

"Okay McGee. Palmer T.O.D.?"

"Well Gibbs a ruff estimate would be 5:00  to 5:30 this morning." Dr Palmer said as he put the liver thermometer away. "I'll take him back and start the autopsy." Dr Palmer loaded the body on the truck and left.

"McGee?" Gibbs walked back to McGee at the late Petty officer's computer.

"Well boss I think the note was typed out on his computer so I am packing it up then Kasie can run a program to see if he wrote it and........"

"Thanks McGee just do it, I don't need the technobabble."

"Okay boss."

Gibbs walks to Torres and Bishop. "What do you got?"

"Well Gibbs it looks like Petty Officer Andrew Wallace just attended his high school reunion." Bishop said, holding up an invitation.

"Like I know that no one wants to go but..."

"Really Nick? We also found his phone we'll get it to Kasie boss."

"I'll get it to Kasie." Gibbs says then Bishop hands the evidence bag holding the phone to him. "Bishop you and Torres interview the neighbors" Gibbs says before walking out of the house to the car where McGee is loading the computer.

"So boss I'll work with Kasie, and we will see if he wrote the note." McGee says closing the back door and walking to the passenger seat.

"Good I'll get Jack to start a profile on him." Gibbs says as he starts the car.

AT NCIS H.Q.:

Hey Kasie, here's the computer."

"Great McGee, I'll start the program, so what do you guys know about this Petty officer Wallace so far?"

"Not a lot actually, Jack is going to profile him but I still need to unlock his phone, hey it's only a four digit code this is going to be easy."

IN JACK'S OFFICE:

Jack is sitting at her desk drinking coffee and reading something. Gibbs walks by her door which is open, so he walks in. "Jack." Gibbs says. She quickly looks up. "Oh hi, Gibbs you need me?" Jack sets down her coffee, takes off her glasses and smiles.

"Yep, here's Petty Officer Wallace's phone and some pictures of his house."

"Thank you Gibbs, did you talk to any yet friends?"

"McGee is looking into his family and friends."

"He won't be able to find any family, according to his navy records his parents are dead and he doesn't have any siblings."

"Huh?" Gibbs looked at her curiously.

"When Dr Palmer arrived with the late Petty officer, I asked him what his name was, then I looked into petty officer Wallace's background. Which to be honest was kinda sad. When he was a teenager his parents died in a car accident.

"Wow."

I'm not done yet Gibbs. After he finished high school he joined the navy. According to his C.Os he was pretty good, but Wallace and his team went to Afghanistan. He was the only person to come back alive. And thats.. hard.. all of his team.. died over there..." A single tear fell down Jack's face.

Gibbs saw the tear and walked around the desk to her, put his hand on her shoulder and said. "I understand, how you feel..."

"Thank you." Jack places her hand on his. "But I'm fine. Besides I need to finish his profile."

"Okay." Gibbs gives her a look of concern.

"Go on work this case, I'll call you when I am done."

"Okay Jack." Gibbs started to leave, but as he stood in the door way he looked back to her and said. "I know how you feel."

"What really?" Jack to herself, was I really been that obvious? That she liked him.

"Yeah, your not the only one who's lost people." Gibbs said with a slight smile, then he left.