(14) Good Morning Cowboy

The morning sun shined through the crack between the two curtains in Jack's bedroom window. Jack yawned and sat up in her bed as she opened her eyes. As Jack stretched she thought to herself. "It's good to be home..."

*CRASH*

"Oh what did that cat do now." Jack said remembering when her little Cowboy knocked over his wood scratching post in the middle of the night waking her up. But as if on cue Cowboy woke up and stretched on Jack's pillow.

With a look of shock Jack grabbed her gun out of its hiding place in the drawer of her night stand on the right side of the bed.

Jack walked quickly down the stairs then to the kitchen when she got there with the gun in her hand she said. "Ncis hands up!"

The person behind the kitchen island stood up and said. "Whoa morning to you too Jack." Gibbs held up a frying pan in one hand and a spatula in the other.

"Oh Gibbs I'm sorry." Jack put the gun on the counter. "But what are you doing?" She sat on the stool at the kitchen counter.

"Making pancakes." He smiled as he put the pan on the stove and poured the batter into it. "Didn't mean to wake you up I just knocked some bowls on the floor and they didn't break."

"Oh that's good." Jack smiled.

"Huh?" Gibbs said as he opened a cabinet door.

"Close Cowboy but the plates are in this one." Jack walked around Gibbs and opened the cabinet door on the other side of him.

"Thanks." Gibbs turned to face her.

"You're welcome." Jack said and smiled at her Cowboy.

After all the pancakes were made Jack set the bar in the kitchen for them to eat. Soon after they were done Gibbs got a call from McGee about the case.

"Hey boss."

"Hey McGee what do ya have?"

"Well Kasie had the computer running all night and his name Nathan Adams."

"Gibbs turn speakerphone please!" Jack looked at Gibbs impatiently.

"Ok, McGee you're on speakerphone go."

"Okay so Nick and Bishop are looking into him. Here's all we know right now, he's a pretty good defense lawyer in the D.C. area and he used to live in California..."

"Wait what's his name?" Jack asked urgently.

"Right his name is Nathan Adams and.."

Jack cut McGee off saying. "That name where did I hear that name?" Jack walked to the desk in another room.

"Is that it?" Gibbs asked.

"Well we are going to get a warrant to search his home and office and we'll bring him in for questioning. I'm sure you guys will be here for that?"

"Yeah we will but I'd like to get Jack checked out by the doctor."

"Because she blacked out yesterday?"

"Yeah McGee."

"I knew it!" Jack said as she walked back to Gibbs.

"Knew what Jack?" Gibbs asked.

"Nathan Adams was Jeremy Taylor's lawyer AND step brother!"

"What?!?" Gibbs and McGee said at the same time.

"Yeah come here Gibbs." Jack and Gibbs walked back to her desk, there was a couple boxes to the side of the desk filled with files from other cases.