(20) Back To Our Normal

Jack slowly started to wake up as the mid morning sun shined though her bedroom window. She looked up at Gibbs' sleeping face, she could have sworn he was smiling. It felt so right being in Gibbs arms. She heard Gibbs' light snoring and then she quietly said. "I love you Cowboy."

"I love you too." Gibbs opened one eye.

"I thought you were sleeping."

"I was, I'm not now."

"Oh really?" Jack laughed.

"Yeah." Gibbs kissed Jack's forehead.

"What time is it?"

"Does it matter?"

"Well if I know Leon, he'll come by to see that I'm doing okay because last time I wasn't doing so hot after..."

"And how are ya doing now?" Gibbs gently moved some of Jack's hair from her face.

"Oh I'd say I'm doing pretty good, will you just check the time?" Jack said changing the subject.

"Okay." Gibbs turns to the bedside table and looks at the alarm clock next to Jack's phone. "It's 11:47. Wow I never sleep that much."

"I'm a morning person too well and sometimes a late night person too..."

*buzz*buzz*

"Cowboy can you get my.."

"Phone?" Gibbs finished Jack sentence with a smile. "Yeah here." Then he hands the phone to her.

"Thanks." Jack says, sitting up in bed. "It's Leon, he asked how am I doing."

"That's nice." Gibbs sits up in bed and stretched.

"Oh and one from Tim."

"What's he say?" Gibbs looked at the phone.

"Oh he's wondering if I know where you are because apparently you're not answering your phone."

"Why?"

"Well you're in here and you're phone's in the... I'm just kidding I'll ask him."Jack playfully hits Gibbs shoulder. *buzz* "Oh he says we've got a case."

Gibbs jumped off the bed and started to leave the room.

"Uh Cowboy where ya going?"

"I got a case."

"Yeah I know that, I'm just thinking you may not wanna solve it in your pajamas"

"You don't think my flannel pants and my ncis t-shirt are intimidating?" Gibbs smiled.

Jack laughed. "Not really." She said as she got out of bed. "Although I would love you interrogate someone like that." Jack said under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah sure you would, but today I'm gonna disappoint ya." Gibbs disappeared into the gust room.

"Yeah he heard me." Jack smiled as she got out of bed. "Do you want me to make some coffee before ya go? Because I can?" Jack as she started walking to the kitchen.

"Na. I'll just swing by the dinner." Gibbs walked out of the room dressed in his clothes from the day before, then he walked to Jack. "Bye." He says by the door.

"You're gonna have to do better than that." Jack stood in front of the door.

"Okay" Gibbs hugged Jack. "I love you." Then he gave her a long kiss on the lips. "Good?"

"Very good." Jack moved from the door. "Bye Cowboy."

Gibbs nods as if he had an invisible cowboy hat as he walked to his car.