(8) I'm going to love you like I'm going to lose you.

McGee was at his desk on his computer when Bishop and Torres walked in the bullpen.

"Okay McGee where should we start?" Ellie asks as she sits at her desk. Nick sat on the edge of Bishop's desk.

"Like its any other case, let's start at the beginning, Bishop you see if Jack has any enemies. Nick you track down Jack's movements over the past week. I know that the Director and Jack are pretty close I'll see if he knows anything."

"Wow McGibbs you sound just like him." Bishop smiled.

"Yeah maybe with some extra words though." Nick said.

"Thanks I think." McGee got up from his desk and walked up the stairs to Director Vance's office, he knocked on his door. "Director? Can I talk with you for a minute?" McGee looked through the door at the Director.

The Director sat at his desk and nodded so McGee walked in. "No Madam Secretary, we are looking in to it. Trust me we will get to the bottom of this and what happened to agent Sloane. Madam Secretary I need to go one of the agents investigating just walked into my office. Yes ma'am I will give Gibbs your regards." Leon hung up the phone. "Yes agent McGee?"

"As you know we know that this was not an accident, and I know that you and Jack are close and I was wondering if Jack was concerned anything?"

"No McGee she seemed normal to me, although I do recall seeing something about a case she worked on in San Diego on ZNN."

"Really, I'll look into that. Did it mention Jack by name?"

"Possibly, I don't remember. I believe it was her last case in San Diego...."

*ring*ring*rin..* Leon picked up. "Yes of course, yes sir."

McGee saw that the Director was busy so he nodded and left.

AT THE HOSPITAL:

"Well Jack the elephant almost done. I just need to add some details and you just need to wake up then I can show you." Gibbs stood up from his chair and kissed Jack's forehead then he walked out of the room, he stood in the hallway leaning against the wall thinking. "I should have told her. Why didn't I ever tell her."

"Hey Gibbs, I got ya some coffee."

"Hey Tobias." Gibbs said barely acknowledging his friend.

"Gibbs are you alright? I have coffee didn't you hear me?"

"Oh yeah, thanks." Gibbs said as Fornell handed the cup to him. Gibbs didn't drink it, he just held it and stared straight ahead.

"Wow Gibbs not wanting his coffee, never thought I'd see the day."

"What if..... she.. doesn't.. I can't go through losing her I can't.." Gibbs eyes start to water.

"Whoa Gibbs you can't think like that, Jack is a strong woman and she will pull though this okay. Do you want to know why?" Fornell put his arm on Gibbs shoulder.

"Why?" Gibbs sounded tiered."

"Because you're here for her and I'll be here for you." Fornell took a sip of his coffee.

"Thanks."

"Oh and I brought lunch!"

"Good I'm starving, can we eat in Jack's room I didn't wanna leave her."

"Of course lead the way."

MEANWHILE AT NCIS HQ:

"Oh my?! she has at least one enemy." Bishop said.

"What do you mean?" McGee asked.

Well this guy started sending her threatening letters since 2017."

"What kind of threatening letters?" Nick asked.

"The normal kind, you ruined my life, I'm in jail because of you, here's the real kicker, when I get out I'll kill you."

"What's his name?" McGee asked.

"Jeremy Taylor, I'll look into him."

McGee looked up from his computer and said. "Oh no!"

"What is it McGee? What's the matter?"

"When I talked to Director Vance, he said he saw something on the news about one of Jack's cases, so I looked into the case and the case was about this petty officer, Jeremy Taylor. He kidnapped his C.O. Because he didn't want to go to Afghanistan."

"Wow but why does he blame Jack?"

"Well I had the San Diego Office send me the case file, so it should be here soo.."

*bing* "And that's should be the case file now." McGee said looking back at his computer.

"Well come on Tim what's it say?" Nick says leaning over McGee's shoulder.

"Calm down, Nick he's trying to read it." Bishop said, leaning over McGee's other shoulder.

"It says that.. guys can I have a little room please?"

"Oh yeah sorry." Bishop as they both backed up a bit.

"Thanks, right where was.. I oh yeah, it says here that agent Jacqueline Sloane was vital in the case because she provided the profile on petty Officer Jeremy Taylor and when he was on trial she testified against him."

"So then this is all about revenge?" Bishop asks skeptically.

"Apparently it is." McGee says.

"Okay then I'll look into this Taylor guy." Nick adds.

"And I'll see if he has any relatives nearby." Bishop says, walking back to her desk.

AT THE HOSPITAL:

"Look Gibbs I know it's not as good as yours, but just eat your steak. Would ya!"

"I haven't told her how much I..." Gibbs picked up his food.

"Care for her?" Tobias asked.

"No.. love her."

"I knew it." Fornell said under his breath. "Well you can always tell her now, what's the worst that could happen?" Fornell said as he ate his lunch.

"True...." Gibbs took the napkin off his leg placed it on the small table and stood up. "Um.. can you wait outside?"

"He's actually....Oh yeah sure?" Fornell looked at Gibbs as he left the room. Gibbs walked to Jack's bedside and gently touched her hand.

"Here I go." Gibbs said under his breath. "Oh... Jack, I think I... love the way you call me cowboy and I love your smile, but most Important." Gibbs whispered in her ear. "I love you." Gibbs kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you too." She looked at him.

"Jack your.." his voice trembled. "Awake?!" Gibbs tear up, he leaned in and hugged her.

"Yeah I am." Jack hugged him back. "What happened? Where am I?"

"Right. You were in a accident, but now your in the hospital, a bad storm came through and..."

"I was on my way to house for poker night and we were on the phone then... I don't know... Ow..?"

"Are you okay?"

"I think so my left side hurts."

"Hey Gibbs did ya...tell....her...?" Fornell walked in the room.

"Yeah I did."

"I love him too." Jack smiled and squeezed Gibbs hand lovingly.

"Ummm should I get a... nurse or something?"

"Yeah." Gibbs said.

"If you don't mind." Jack laughed little. "Ow.."