(19)The One That Made Me Realize

Adams was dead before his body hit the cabin floor.

"Jack!" Gibbs ran from the doorway to Jack and crouched next to her chair. "Are you okay?" He asked as he put his gun on the floor, then he stroked her head gently.

"Yeah..." Jack looked at Gibbs with tears in her eyes.

"Let me get these ropes off." Gibbs cut Jack's wrists free with his pocket knife.

But before he could cut the ropes around her feet Jack threw her arms around Gibbs and cried. "Gibbs I love you."

Gibbs put the knife next to his gun then hugged her back. "I love you too Honey." Gibbs smiled at Jack as she leaned into him. After a few minutes Gibbs said "Hey let me these off you."

"Okay, Cowboy."

Gibbs cut off the rope then he helped Jack stand up but she was mostly leaning into Gibbs. "Whoa don't fall." Gibbs said, holding her right arm as they started walking out of the cabin.

"Oh my head.." Jack turned to face Gibbs.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Probably I'm just really light headed."

"Okay let's sit down." Gibbs helps Jack sit on the steps of the cabin. Jack rests her head on Gibbs shoulder and closes her eyes, he puts his arm around her and kisses her forehead. "Better?"

"Much." Smiled Jack.

Gibbs pulled her in close.

About 25 minutes later as the sun was setting McGee parks the car next to Gibbs car, they all got out and run to the cabin with their guns ready.

When McGee,Torres and Bishop get to the front of the cabin, they see Gibbs and Jack are leaning on each other with their eyes closed and Gibbs jacket over them both.

"Boss is everything okay?"

"It is for us not so much for Adams though." Jack said, slightly opening her eyes.

"Yeah he's in there." Gibbs gestured to the cabin door.

"What happened?" Nick asked, putting his gun away.

"Gibbs shot him before he shot me." Jack added in a tired voice.

"I'll call Jimmy." McGee said as he walked past Jack and Gibbs, Nick followed.

"Jack I'm so glad you're okay!" Bishop sat down next to Jack and hugged her.

"Yeah it's been a long day that's for sure." Jack hugged Bishop.

"Speaking of, does your head still hurt?" Gibbs asked.

"It's better when I'm sitting down..."

McGee walked back out of the cabin then said. "Boss do we treat your cabin like a crime scene?"

"Yeah Adams' car too." Gibbs turned back to Jack. "Hey do you want me to take you home?"

"Yes I do Cowboy." Jack smiled.

"McGee you're in charge." Gibbs said as he and Jack stood up then he put the jacket back on.

"See ya later Jack." Bishop said before she walked in the cabin.

"Bye."

Gibbs and Jack walked down the path back to the cars, holding hands.

"You're not cold are you?" Gibbs asked.

"Yeah I am kinda chilly."

"Okay, I come here." Gibbs outstretched his arms, Jack moved closer to him, under the jacket. They walked the rest of the way like that with Gibbs arm around Jack.