The Thom(p)sons

Once we came back to Marlinspike hall Nestar carried all my luggage back to my room. I started working straightaway on the algorithm professor Calculus made until nightfall.

It's the key to the time machine without the certain algorithm the machine won't execute any energy as output.

I was in deep thoughts thinking on it when I suddenly heard the doorbell ring downstairs. I wondering who it was until Tintin knocked and opened on my door.

"(Y/N), the detectives are here for an interview with you about the journal's can you please come downstairs?" He scrunched his eyebrows as an apology when he noticed that he was disturbing my concentration.

"Yeah, sure'' I massaged my temples and stood up from chair.

I went outside my room and he closed the door behind me. He gestured me to follow him. I followed him down the hallway and headed downstairs towards the main living room.

we entered the room and I was a bit surprised to see two almost identical looking middle aged men sitting on two chairs in front of captain Haddocks usual seat looking at me surprised.

They wore formal black suits with bowler hats and along with a cane. They had black moustaches, one slightly curled at the end, and the others one is straightaway. The only way to tell them apart. They reminded me of Charlie Chaplin.

'gentlemen, this is (Y/N) Tarragon... professor Tarragon's daughter.' Tintin introduced me .

'delighted!'

'delighted!'

They said one after another. "(Y/N) this is Thomson and Thompson, certified detectives". Tintin introduced them to me formally. I nodded and smiled at them as a greeting. I sat down on the couch between Tintin and Haddock. The Thompson's started the interview right away.

"Now madam, we're here to set light to err... throw the light on to err...anyway to throw the circumstances surrounding your terrible kidnap.' Thomson began.

'precisely' Thompson agreed.

"Yeah, sure! go ahead" I permitted clearly confused.

"Just to clear up the mess miss, who did you see after you got your consciousness?" Thompson questioned, pointing a finger at me with one eye closed in very serious manner. But it looked pretty hilarious to me.

''Well,first of all Rastapopulos,'' I began. ''Allan and...''

''ALLAN?! , WHY THAT NITWIT! JUST WAIT TILL I SHOW HIM WHAT STUFF I'M MADE OF!'' Captain roared.

''Be quiet captain!'' Tintin glared.

I continued, "That's all of whom I know, But there were several others as well''.

"Aha!''

''Aha!" The Thom(p)sons called out one after another.

Maybe they must have figured something out.

''Did they ever tell you why they kidnapped you?'' Thomson began.

''Yes, they wanted those papers of the top secret project I have. When they realised I don't have them, they threatened of kidnapping professor Calculus.''

''Hmm''. They looked at each other in concerned faces narrowed eyes and one eye closed.

''Where did you think you kept hidden madam?''

''Well it's somewhere near over the stream and middle of the doesn't you can see from the back of the house... Oh! I almost forgot!'' I quickly stood up and dashed upstairs to my room and bought the gun I stole. ''Here'' I handed it to Thompson.

''Now its clear as day to us eh thompson?''

''Precisely dear as clay! that's my oppinion.'' thompson agreed.

"Well then, we're off now...taking the mule...err...making the groual...err...anyway goodbye!'' Thomson finished as they both got up from there seats and raising the up of their hats in unison.

''Yes! yes! you must go now, goodbye!'' captain greeted them, clearly annoyed.

"Goodbye detectives!'' Tintin and I called back completely ignoring captain's moody attitude.

we reached the main door and when the detectives were about to go down the stairs they stopped to say goodbye one more time. Thompson stood on the top stair while the other one was a step down. Thompson raised his top hat to greet us and continued to walk toward the steps looking at us.

"Never fear young lady, the evidence is in safe hands of the InterPOOOOLLL!~" He tripped his foot over Thomson's cane and rolled down the steps towards the gravel floor before we could even react.

Captain face palmed himself.

"Thompson? are you all right?!" Thomson asked.

"Yes, yes I'm fine, we should keep going!"

After a long long break, I'm sorry guys bad news. Schools gonna start tomorrow and this would probably be my last chapter for this year (I think). It's getting much difficult to me to balance my school work with this book. But I might finish the whole book some day. So stay tuned. For those who enjoyed my book so far thank you so much and don't loose hope. THIS BOOK IS NOT FINISHED. I know there'll be a lot of grammatical errors in this chapter but forget it. I just wanted to finish typing this before tomorrow.😊😊

Oh and please vote and comment ONLY if you like it.