Lord Tau: The Promise II

"May I ask, your grace? What did he mean with you promised! I can't remember any promises you have made and haven't fulfilled yet!" I ask carefully because I want answers, but I know the King will not say the truth to me now, lately, he acts and speaks to me with suspicion, I can think of many reasons that can make him doubt me, but there is no chance he has found out.

"It's not worth a discussion!"

As I thought, he will not tell, but I know for sure that he will change his mind about his brother's wish. I know many things, at this moment I just can't explain how because it just happens, but if he doesn't, I will take care, so he does. The messenger mustn't leave the city of Lauv yet, so I turn around and tell one of the Lionesses to go and find the messenger and tell him the King changed his mind.

"I still don't understand why you refused! Let me go, let me test my knowledge in real life and we will expand our kingdom!" Amir says. I still don't understand what he is doing here, he can't even see through simple things, how Abaddon (The King) thinks he will be able to rule the kingdom of Ari, the most important one in the world.

"Didn't you hear? You would be asked to forget about your family!" Sometimes it feels like Abaddon also can't figure out his son's logic, but he is always so calm with him.

"What?! No, I bet it is not so difficult to pretend that I am following the rules!" Amir is saying something again.

Abaddon, I am so sorry, I know you said I shouldn't offend the prince, but then tell him he shouldn't embarrass himself and your family. "Oh dear, I have ever said, that you have no idea how the system works!" I let out quietly.

"We need to take a chance!" Amir looks at father as he hears me saying something about him. "And why are you always letting him speak to me like this? I am a prince!"

Abaddon just looks at me and his son as a reminder of what he said about not offending the prince, but as he wants to say something, Scar starts to speak, "He is right, my prince, you would be alone in unknown waters, you can't hide the lion among the bears!" Scar speaks little, but when he does, he says some decent things.

"But the uncle successfully made it there!"

"It was different, my prince!" Scar has seen many generations, so he knows a lot, the only one, who is still alive and has seen more is The Old Hunter. Personally, I don't like him, because he claims he knows everything, but I doubt him because he has never said anything about me.

"Besides, the bear mixture, I can't risk with you, I need you here!"

"What's the thing with this mixture, anyways? Lion mixture just makes us quicker in battles and brings us more knowledge!"

"It's simple, it erases your memory and makes you blind!" I say because I just don't want to hear him speak, I look at him and remember, he likes to get called 'the prince', so I add, "My dear prince!"

Scar, as always, knows more, "But makes you stronger than anyone on earth, that's why their army's special unit is invincible and called the army of blinds. They inject the bear serum in you at the age of 10, then they train you to fight, only by hearing a sound, till age 18, so you become a blind killing machine."

"So we need to find someone, who is not a lion yet!" I think it is the only smart thing I have heard from Amir.

"Or we need to send a true lion!" Scar adds. No one says anything else, looks like everyone is thinking what should we send there, I already know who and why I want to send there, but I don't want it to be my idea, it may play cards against me later.

"And I agree with Amir, probably it is not so bad as it sounds! So, my king, what do you say?" Scar looks at Abaddon, who is deep in his thoughts. Finally, he looks at me, "Lord Tau, your thoughts!"

Oh, I thought you will never ask, and at this point, I have already figured out Amir's and Scar's choices, so I want some of them to be responsible for the decision, "Do you have someone in your minds?"

A/N: If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote :)