Paine Lionray: The Night Of Beginning

Paine isn't going to give up, although he is exhausted and his water bottle is emptying every hour. He is brave and tough, but the thought of turning around is crossing his mind. He opens a map to see, what is closer - to go home or to continue till the next city.

By now I should already be in the Damu Kingdom's territory, but there are no signs of city or civilization, maybe I went in the wrong direction. Wait, I hear something, it sounds like running, something is running really fast, I look around, but I see only the clouds of sands, taken up by whatever it is. 

I stop and the sound is getting louder and louder, which means it is getting closer and closer to me, somehow it manages to give me goosebumps, but in my mind, I am not afraid, I stay calm.

"Name! From! Reason!" Suddenly someone behind me formally declares it, I am not sure where he came from. I turn around to see a man, little in height, skinny, but with muscles. Now many things are circling me.

"I am Paine, I am just going through, I am not here to cause any trouble!" Which is true, I don't need any trouble!

"I asked, where are you from!" He keeps his formal face expression and tone.

"I am from Ari!" I wish he knew where it is.

"Oh, I see, your full name!" Suddenly he changes the tone of his voice to more polite, so he knows about Ari, which is a hopeful start of our conversation.

"Paine Lionray!"

The noise stops. I look around, they are cheetahs, so I don't have anything to worry about, they are under the element of light. They can't roar, but they can purr, like cats and it makes them more pleasant, I have read about them, at least as much as I was allowed to, so I know a lot about them.

"I am sorry, my prince! We will escort you back to the castle!" So they also know that I am a prince, they do better than our own soldiers and guards.

"No, there is no need, as I said, I am just going through!"

"It is my duty! You need to speak with the queen Rabbi!" Queen Rabbi? Who has a name like that?

"Is it necessary?"

"Yes, my prince!"

"But I am neither staying long nor going back to Ari!"

"I am sorry my prince, but The Queen Rabbi will decide it!"

Now, I am a little bit frightened, but I also could benefit from this, I need water and I could use some sleep. Actually, I am the prince of the Element of Light dynasty, but she is just a queen under our dynasty, so theoretically she can't make decisions for me, but I can for her, but in reality, looks like she will.

_

At the same time in the Ari Kingdom.

_

I am enjoying my late night walk around the castle, imagining that it all could be mine, but who I am kidding, the king can make the best out of it, so he definitely is better as the king and I as his adviser. Usually, there is no noise at this time of the night, but I hear steps or running somewhere behind me. It gets closer, so it is most likely looking for me.

"My Lord..." 

Yes, I was true, but I hate being disturbed during the night! I turn around and see my loyal servant with something in his hand, now what? "Yes... speak!"

"There is a message!" Hmm, so it is a message in his hand, interesting, but not so much that I can't wait till tomorrow.

"And so, can't it wait till tomorrow, I am exhausted and going to bed!"

"My Lord, it is urgent, as soon as I found out, I run to you, it is from Karhu kingdom!"

"Karhu Kingdom? What is it about?"

"I don't know, it is still sealed!" Yeah, right, I know he already read it and sealed it again, I once saw how he does it, of course, he tried to justify himself, but I knew the truth as I always do.

"So, give it to me, what are you waiting for!"

I read it and I can't believe, what it says, so it is true! Wait, no one can know about this, I need to destroy it. Many thoughts come and go as I stare in emptiness.

"What does it say?" He is so nosy and curious, but I like that about him, he's just like me.

"Are you sure, no one knows about this message?"

"I am 100% sure!"

"Then I want it to stay this way!"

"What did it say?" Stop acting, like you already don't!

"Did you understand, what I just said, no one can know!" It is like he is listening, but he is in his own thoughts, so he really doesn't understand what I am saying, so I need to repeat till he gets it.

"Yes, yes, please, tell me!"

"Who are you, my king? You are just a servant here! Now, go away, and do not forget that the lions are hungry for some fresh meat!"

"Alright, alright!" He disappointed walks away, but there will be a time when I will need to tell him, he is my most loyal and trustworthy servant, who will do anything for me.

Now I need to take some action, definitely, I can't go sleep right now, it is too important. A couple of weeks ago I got the first message, which said something about treason, so I need to find that one because, at that time, I didn't take it seriously, but now, it is time to make a strategy to stay alive.

I run to my room, but I stop to read it one more time.

"It is a trap! Do not send anyone here! 

I hope this message reaches you in time, but if it doesn't, at least I tried!

Your brother, king Karhu!"

A/N: Can you figure out, what is going on here? Tell me in comments! I would also appreciate your vote on my story! Please feel free to send me messages in inbox or ask me something in my profile's conversations! :)