The King: We are lions

I am in my suite or chambers, call how you want it, it is a huge space to live in. It is located in the main tower, but not at the top, more like in the middle, actually all tower is for me and my wife. Originally it belonged to my parents, but they chose to stay at the very top.

My grandfather was the king almost through all the Dark Century, was killed at the final battle, the Battle of The Great Six, my father took his place and had to build all kingdom again, literally and metaphorically, all was destroyed - the city, buildings, the wall and also the system. He reduced the Royal Council just to two advisors - Military Leader and Keeper of the Crown, when my father was poisoned, I took his place and stuck with his system, so my Military Leader is Scar, who got promoted while my dad was the king because the old one said, he quit, The Old Hunter. And my Keeper of the Crown is Lord Tau, who I also promoted because my father said so. He said that Lord Tau can be trusted and is close to him as anyone from the family. How can he be sure, if he appeared from nowhere?

My wife, the queen, Leah Lionray is always by my side and supports my decisions, but right now she is not so satisfied with the situation with bears and my attitude.

"I knew that this day will come!"

"But he is not asking especially for him!"

"But they are all our sons! How can you choose someone over others!"

"We need to pay our debt! Time has come, we promised with our blood!" I try to make her understand this is serious.

"I know, that's the hardest, I have thought about this promise since he was born!"

I am nervously walking around because I have also thought about this all the time, but I can't show I am weak right now, I have to act like the King. "You know why I am the King of the Ari, the master of lions, the commander of Fangs, and the protector of the element of light?" I sit down beside her and take her hand in mine. She looks at me. "Because I am strong, I am fearless, I am wise, but most importantly, I am patient and I always keep my promises!"

"But you don't have to do this, we were young and these were meaningless words!" She says and I see fear and anger in her eyes, like Yin and Yang, she understands that they weren't meaningless words, but still speaks her motherhood and heart.

"For you perhaps, but not for me!"

"You also said - I am going to succeed even if I have to bleed till death!" I see tears in her eyes, the fear of losing something valuable is destroying the harmony.

I remember saying this. We were just met and I told her about how I will marry her despite that she comes from the Bearanger family, I wanted her to be mine until death does us part, but I also knew that my father will not allow this kind of marriage, knowing that her grandfather was the one, who divided The Great Six and became the King of the Darkness, killing the King of the Light, my grandfather. We were told to be enemies when we were little kids, but it is a story for another time.

"What are you suggesting, that we fight against the army of blinds, the army of bears?" Fighting against them is a death sentence because Gorondols and Blawes won't help in this battle, it is our own to handle, it is because of me and my wife. And I can't fight against my brother. But for the bears, Vultruses, and Poberrals will help them because the only wish for them is to get the power over the element of the Light even if my brother doesn't want that, others will make him.

"That's what you said!"

"We are not sentencing him to death, we are just giving him an opportunity to build his own kingdom! And besides, fulfilling the promise!"

She finally starts crying.

"We are lions, we didn't come this far to quit! We are strong, we need to make wise decisions!"

"Then who? Who are you sending away?"

I actually don't have any idea. "Why are you making this harder!"

"Because we can fight, we can call our alliances and take a chance!" She knows very well they won't join. We have become very distant with our alliance, we live in our own kingdoms and we aren't looking for any trouble.

"Fine, just stop crying, we will now go to Royal Hall and deliver the news!" I think I said something wrong because I didn't want her to get an idea that I will declare war with Bearangers. In opposite, I am sending someone away, maybe more than one, we will see. She looks at me with hope, hope, which I will soon crush, looking into her eyes.

A/N: If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote :)