billie dean howard | not the good type of choking - pt. one

****

I was in love. So in love. And who with, you might ask? Well....

Billie Dean motherfucking Howard, the well known medium to the stars. It wasn't very conventional for a nineteen year old to to fall for a middle aged celebrity, but then again, life isn't always very conventional.

Oh, do you want to know something else? The cherry on the cake?

Billie Dean Howard also happened to be my mother's best friend.

**

"(Y/N)! You're back!" My mother swung open the front door with a wide smile, embracing me before I had the chance to breathe or put my bags down.

"Calm down woman, it's only been two months." I chuckled sarcastically, but hugged her back. I'd been away because I was shooting a new movie that I'd been cast in, all thanks to Billie helping me with my career and giving a good word to her friend, Ryan Murphy, a well known director. In other words, Billie Dean Howard had given me the incredible opportunity to start work only a few months after graduating for my performing arts university.

"Shut up and come in, I want to know everything about everything." She grabbed my bags, babbling away as she normally did, being a very, very chatty person.

**

We talked for a few hours, and before I knew it, it was the evening. We were sat in the front room, drinking tea, talking until my mother's phone rang. Respectively I looked away, picking up my phone and scrolling through Instagram. My following had kept on rising, because Ryan Murphy and the movie's publicists were sending out teasers, including clips of me. It was exciting, so exciting, and I felt so incredibly lucky for this opportunity.

I could hear my mother laughing down the phone, which was typical, so I thought nothing of it until I heard her last sentence before she hung up - "She's going to be so happy."

I raised an eyebrow, knowing she was talking about me, "Who was that?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." She chuckled, giving me a mysterious look.

And about twenty minutes later, I did see.

DING DONG..

My eyes shot up in surprise at the doorbell, "Are you expecting anyone?" My mother  simply laughed a pointed towards the door. "Go and see."

So I did, venturing out into the hallway and pausing at the handle. Then I opened it, revealing the mystery person.

"Hey there sweetheart." The voice smacked me like a ton of bricks, but in a good way, a very good way. Because my angel was standing there, Billie Dean Howard. Her perfect blonde locks laid perfectly against the shoulders of her light blue dress. She was just as I remembered. Simply beautiful.

"Well it's nice to see you too (Y/N)." Billie let out that heavenly laugh when I jumped, not realising that I had yet to speak.

"O-oh my, it's so lovely to see you!" I exclaimed, reaching out a hand for her to shake. Wait, why are you shaking her hand, you've known the woman your whole life. Talk about star struck.

"Do I not get a hug from my favourite pumpkin?" She stepped forward and engulfed me in a warm hug, one that made my insides melt. Her perfume had always been the same but never less intoxicating. I felt myself groaning internally when she pulled away, just wanting to be in her embrace forever.

"Ah my best girls reunited." My mother appeared, smiling widely. It was extremely hard to conceal a blush, but I managed to, even when Billie's hand rested on my back when we walked into the dinning room where dinner had been prepared.