Chapter 1

I put a small Cassarian scene in here — I'm sorry, I can't stop myself.

--

"Papa, why is the sky blue?" asked a small girl with dark hair and gray highlights.

The man next to her chuckled. "It's because there's magic that's making it blue."

The girl pouted. "But magic is not real, Papa."

"It is, my darling." The man chuckled and playfully pinched his daughter's nose.

"Cassandra, sweetie!"

"Mama's calling. You better go now. She probably cooked your favorite meal again," said the man.

The little girl stood up and took a step towards her mother but then stopped and turned around. "Are you coming, Papa?"

The man shook his head. "Papa will stay here for a few minutes. Don't worry, darling. You'll always find me where the sun meets the sea."

"Okay, Papa!" said the little girl and ran towards her mother, Gothel, with a smile.

Cassandra's eyes snapped open as she sat up straight, her heart beating fast. She groaned, both her hand on her head. It's that dream again. It's been playing every night in her mind. Over and over again.

She heard a knock on her door. She stood up and opened it. It was Varian.

"Morning, Cassie," he greeted with a smile.

"Morning, Var."

Varian furrowed his eyebrow as he examined her. "Are you okay? You seemed stressed."

Cassandra's mouth formed into a thin line. Nothing can really escape Varian's eyes when it comes to her.

"It's that dream again, isn't it?" He asked and she nodded. "Is it the same one?"

"Yes," she whispered.

"Rapunzel really need to know about this, Cassie."

"I don't want to. She's been so busy this past few days. She's the Queen, Var. I can't just come to her because of this ridiculous dream," she reasoned out.

Varian crossed his arms. "That is not a ridiculous dream, Cassie," he pointed out.

"Stop worrying about me, Var. You've already have a lot of thing on your plate. You're the Royal Engineer and yet, here you are, helping me — I'm starting to regret telling you about this." She frowned.

"Cassie, you're my first priority, you know that," he said.

"Why are you even doing this?" She asked.

"You know the answer to that," he answered.

She sighed. "I know. You like me but just like I've told you before, I'm—" he cuts her off.

"Not ready for a relationship, I get it, Cassie. I'm willing to wait," said the 24-year-old man in front of her with a kind smile.

"You've waited for a long time—" he cuts her off again.

"So what? I told you, Cassie. You're worth it."

Cassandra's cheeks turned red and she quickly looked away, turning her head to the side. She cleared her throat before turning to him.

"Fine."

"Fine what?" He asked.

"I'll tell Rapunzel about this ridiculous dreams."

Varian smiled. "That's what I've been waiting to hear."

"Let's go."