Chapter 3

"Where do you suppose we can see where the Sun Meets The Sea?" Cassandra asked. "Are you even serious?"

The door opened and it showed Varian holding a huge map. "I can help with that," he said.

Rapunzel smiled. "Looks like your boyfriend is here to help, Cass."

Cassandra's cheeks turned red as she frowned. "He's not my boyfriend."

"Not yet," Rapunzel teased.

"Raps-"

"Fine. I'll stop."

Varian remained quiet but he's cheeks were in a shade of scarlet. He placed the map on the huge table and let it roll flat on the surface.

"Look, the sun always set in the west side and if we counted the part of the sea, there is only one kingdom it would refer to," said Varian as he pointed into that one particular kingdom.

"Neserdnia?" Cassandra asked.

Varian nodded. "It's the only kingdom that is surrounded by water and on the west side. Maybe your father's there."

"Or maybe," Cassandra crossed her arms. "We're just making my dreams a big deal even though we shouldn't."

Rapunzel sighed. "Cass, don't you want to meet your family? Your father?"

"You know that I don't have a good connection when in terms of my blood relatives. Remember my mother?" She frowned.

"But just think if there's a father waiting for you out there!" Rapunzel exclaimed.

"I'm very much happy with my dad here, Raps."

"Cassandra, please. Just do this, for me? I just want you to find your family," said Rapunzel.

Cassandra was hesitant. She never expected things to turn out like this. One minute, she was fine being back in Corona, then the next is she's being sent off again.

Cassandra sighed in defeat. "Fine. But I'll be away for a long time. Neserdnia is a three month trip from Corona," said Cassandra.

"I'll go with you, then." Varian said.

"What?" Cassandra's eyes narrowed. "Why?"

"I won't let you go to a foreign country alone," reasoned Varian.

Cassandra crossed her arms. "But I've been doing it for years."

Varian raised a finger. "Na, uh. Now's different. I'm courting you now, remember?"

"What about your duties here?" She asked.

Rapunzel cuts in with a huge smile on her face. "Leave that to me!"

"But-" Varian cuts her off.

"No matter what you say, Cassie. I'll still go with you."

"Fine."