Chapter 4

"You guys ready?" The Queen asked with a huge smile.

"Ready," said Varian.

"Ready as I'll ever be," said Cassandra.

"Hey, that was my song," Varian pouted.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "You're forgetting that I sang the second verse."

"Oh, right."

"Be careful on your journey," said Rapunzel.

"Hey, kid." Eugene called Varian's attention. "Take care of the ice lady."

Cassandra crossed her arms. "I am not some damsel-in-distress to be taken care of."

Varian pretended that he didn't hear her. "I will, Eugene."

Rapunzel gave the two of them one last hug before they left. All they have is some food, money, tent and some alchemy stuff Varian brought. They weren't able to bring their horses since they would be boarding a boat to Neserdnia once they're on halfway the journey.

"Here, Cassie." Varian handed her an apple as they walked through the path where they can ride a caravan for the journey to the city of Rosa.

"Looks like we'll be spending the night here in the woods," said Cassandra.

"Looks like it," said Varian as they watched how the sun goes down.

They sat down under a huge tree when the night got darker. Cassandra sighed as Varian started the fire, letting the heat comfort her from the cold and icy wind if the darkened part of the day.

"Why me, Varian?" Cassandra asked as Varian finished and sat down next to her.

"Hmm?"

"Of all the girls in Corona, why me?" She asked.

Varian shrugged. "Honestly, I have no idea. It's just that, the moment you saved me from the village before was the start of it."

Cassandra sighed. "I don't even know why you sacrificed a lot of things just for me."

"Because you're worth it, Cassie. You're worth every sacrifice that I have done and will do," said Varian, staring intensely to the fire.

Cassandra chuckled. "Just don't blame me if things won't go your way."

"I would never."

"It's getting late. We should go to sleep," said Cass, diverting the topic.

"Yeah. We should."

--

Sorry for the short chapters. My mind is all squished up. I have no idea what to put in the next chapter of any of my books. I hope some sleep can refresh my mind and bring out some new ideas.

Anyways, goodnight.