04

"good morning!" nina said as she walked into the kitchen

"morning neens! hey sorry about yesterday, i forgot to tell you i was leaving early," ashlyn apologized. "how was your first day of school? did you meet any people?"

"it was okay i guess," nina smiled. "i think i'm friends with this guy in my chem class but i haven't really met anyone else."

"that's good! today you can meet my friends too. yesterday we had to sort something out for a club but today we should be free. you should sit with us at lunch!"

"really? okay! i'll meet you in front of your locker i guess."

"yea. we better get going though, we don't wanna be late."

the two girls made their way out of the house and to their school where they both went to their classes and went on with their days.

when nina got to her chem class, she sat in the seat next to her new friend big red and instantly started a conversation.

"hey red!" she exclaimed.

"oh hi nina! how are you?" he asked.

"i'm good, you?"

"same. hey, you should totally sit with my friends and i at lunch today, i think they would really like you." he smiled.

"i wish i could but my other friend already invited me to sit with her."

"oh really? who?"

"i don't know if you know her, her name is ashlyn caswell."

"no way! she's one of my best friends. we sit at the same table," he laughed.

"wait, really? oh my god yay! i'm so excited to be friends with all of you," she joined in the laughter.

on the other side of the classroom, ricky was glaring at the girl while kourtney noticed.

"look at her laughing over there. why does she have to be so loud too? and of course today she's not late." ricky complained.

"ricky, are you good? why do you hate her so much?" kourtney questioned.

"kourt, i don't hate her. hate is a strong word. i just strongly dislike her because she thinks the world revolves around her."

kourtney scoffed, "you've known her 24 hours, how did you already come to that conclusion?"

"cause of yesterday- she knew she was supposed to be here at a certain time but instead she was like 20 minutes late and i was almost late to this class."

"right, but you weren't. and i'm sure she has an excuse, maybe she missed the bus."

"she did. she told me."

"okay, then why are you still mad?"

"cause- KOURTNEY! why are you interrogating me? i just don't like her," he rolled his eyes.