17

ricky was walking through the halls of east high, making his way to his chemistry class. to no surprise, he was nervous to face nina. he hasn't seen or talked to her since he tried to kiss her and he didn't know if that would change the atmosphere between them.

he took a breath before he looked into the classroom, but a look of confusion took over his face as he saw kourtney sitting in nina's spot.

since they presented the project, they were able to go back to their original seating plan but nina still sat next to ricky being that they were becoming good friends.

he walked in and rushed to his seat, looking around the classroom, and as he sat down he spotted nina sitting back in the front desk next to red.

"hey, why are you sitting here?" ricky asked kourtney, as he sat down next to her.

"nina asked for her seat back," she brushed off. "dude, what the fuck happened?"

"kourt i messed up man. i tried kissing her," he said whispered.

"you WHAT?" she exclaimed, grabbing the attention of everyone in the class.

"kourtney! shut up," he whisper yelled. he looked around the class and locked eyes with nina who gave him a small, yet awkward smile, to which he returned with another one.

"why the fuck would you try to kiss her? you're an actual dumbass. isn't she still dating ashlyn's cousin?"

"no, they broke up."

"oh, still! she just got out of a relationship, what the fuck were you thinking?"

"i don't know kourt, it just happened."

"do you like her?"

he looked over at the girl who was talking to red, "i don't know. i don't think i do, i think it was a spur of a moment thing."

"what did she say?"

"we were talking about growing up without being tied to someone, in her case, her ex, so she said 'room to grow, remember?'"

"at least she was nice about it."

"yea, but then she ran off, and my parents asked her to come over again."

"damn, probably not going to happen anytime soon," kourtney chuckled, earning a glare from ricky. "i'm just kidding geez, calm down lover boy."

"kourt."

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding. chill," she laughed lightly.

+

"so you just ran away?" red asked nina as she told him about the events with ricky.

she nodded her head, "i didn't know what to do! and he looked so embarrassed. i don't like him like that red, what do i do?"

"um, talk to him?"

"what do i say?"

"ask him what was going through his head."

"i can't just ask him, what if he just goes all red again?"

"neens, you can't just ghost him either."

"i'm not," she confidently said.

big red gave her a look of disbelief.

"ok ok, i'll talk to him," she rolled her eyes, "but only if he starts the conversation."

"neens."

"what? i can't just be like 'hey why'd you try to kiss me?' can i?"

"i guess not."

"see, it's harder than it looks red."