05

"hey ricky!" gina exclaimed as she walked up behind ricky at his lunch table.

kourtney and seb let out a laugh and ricky glared at them before turning around to face the curly haired girl.

"gina! how are you today?" he asked.

"i'm doing great," she answered, "do you have any plans for after school?"

"um, not that i know of," he replied.

"great! i'll meet you at your locker and we could go out for food. bye guys! i'll see you later," gina said, waving at the group before walking away.

kourtney and seb let out a laugh again. "why didn't you say you were busy?" seb asked.

"i don't know, i kinda felt bed. she's been trying for so long and she's nice, why not?"

"well you made your bed, time to lie on it," kourtney said.

+

"hey ricky! ready to go?" gina said, approaching his locker.

"yup!" he said, closing his locker door, "let's go."

once they got into ricky's car, they fell into a comfortable silence which they stayed in until they got to the restaurant.

"hey, i gotta ask- what made you say yes this time?" gina asked the boy.

"what do you mean?" he replied.

"like, i feel like i always ask you to hang out or to do something but you always reject me. what made this time any different?"

ricky chuckled before answering, "well, like you said i always say no, but you're so persistent- in a good way, and you are actually really nice, so i thought i'd give it a chance." he explained.

"oh, well thank you sir," gina tilted her head down as if she was curtsying from her seat.

"the pleasure is mine, madam," ricky also bowed his head.

the two teenagers laughed and soon fell into a very intriguing conversation. before today, ricky thought that any conversation he had with gina would be boring, but talking to her today made him realize that they had more in common than they thought.

they didn't realize how late it was getting until gina got a text from her mom asking where she was.

ricky then took gina home and gina thanked him for the wonderful afternoon out.