14

nina walked into her chemistry classroom with a poster board of her and ricky's project in hand

nina walked into her chemistry classroom with a poster board of her and ricky's project in hand. she saw ricky sitting at his desk, reading over the cue cards, that he made when he was over at nina's house, as his leg bounced up and down.

"ricky, calm down," she chuckled as she walked over and set the poster board onto the table, "we're gonna do great."

"what if i stutter? what if i freeze? what if i forget what to say?" he rushed out, as she took her cue cards out of her backpack.

"all you have to do is read through the cards, okay? if you get nervous, just look over at me and i can take over if you want."

he nodded his head as he continued to read through the cue cards he had gripped in his hands. nina sat down in her seat and released a breath as she looked around the classroom and saw everyone else start to get nervous.

good to know it's a normal thing.

+

"to conclude, there are many different types of butterflies and the one we have here," kourtney paused to lift up the jar set on the table, "is a monarch."

the class looked at the jar in her hands in awe, seeing the blue monarch butterfly, fly in such a small space.

"thank you," big red said before the class collectively started clapping.

"thank you for sharing your knowledge on butterflies kourtney and red." mr mazzara said as he walked to the front of the class and the two students walked back to their seats. "one of you can go outside for a second to release the butterfly and when you come back we have..." he looked down on his clipboard, "ricky and nina next."

kourtney and red nodded before she handed him the jar and he left the room.

"are you ready?" nina asked, turning towards ricky who just nodded.

nina made her way to the front of the classroom and ricky followed closely behind as he held the poster board in his hands. they set it up and once they saw red enter into the classroom, mr mazzara gave them a little nod, letting them know they could start.