Chapter 5

I directly went to Adrian's office after finishing my lunch.

"May I come in Dr." I asked.

"Yeah, come in Ari".

I entered the office and closed the door behind.

"Why did you call me?" I asked.

"I was passing the cafeteria to see if the spoiled princess was having any problem eating the food given here. But then, your Hannah beat me in this process". He told me.

Did he just call me a spoiled brat? How dare he?!!!

"I am not spoiled you know"

"Yeah yeah you are not at all spoiled. That is why you fought with a co – worker on the first day of work. What a great impression to make for the future owner." He said sarcastically.

I ignored his comment and decided to come to the main point.

"What is that you wanted to talk about?" I asked

"I know that you have a 15 hour shift so after that you will be tired. But then you need to learn the administrative aspects too. And I want you to be ready to come whenever I call you. So, no clubs and drinks. Just work , OK? "

"Yes Dr. Adrian."

"Good, as today is your first day, I won't call you. Go take enough rest after your shift" He said.

"OK"

"Now, before going sign this paper. It is for the construction going on at the hospital in Los Angeles. "

I signed the paper and went away.

The latter half of the day went in a blur and my shift ended. I decided to go home when, my friends came to me.

"Hey, are you going home?" Ava asked.

Yeah, aren't you guys going?" I asked them confused.

"Yes"

"Then shouldn't you be happy."

They told me that they all live in a same flat above a club. They can't sleep at night and that now they are going to find a new one after this. They asked me to wish them good luck. I was going to ask them if they want to crash at my penthouse today when my phone started beeping. I checked and it was Hannah. I took it.

"Hey Hannah."

"Kid, just come back home. Your dad called to tell you something important,"

"OK Hannah, I will be back shortly. Bye."

I cut the phone and decided to go home. I told them bye and went to my car. I reached home and decided to call dad after cleaning up

I went to the washroom and took a shower and wore a clean pajama.

I called dad immediately.

"Hey Dad".

"Hello baby, how was your day?" He questioned.

"It was good dad."

"Did someone try hitting on you?" Alessandro asked

I rolled my eyes at the question.

"No Alex, not even a single boy looked at me in a bad way. "

"Did you make friends?" Chris asked.

Yes I did. In fact I made 4 friends, Tyler, Elena, Ava and Drew".

"Two boys?" Damien asked.

"Yes, but both of them are good to me so don't worry."

"They better be" All of my brothers and dad said it together.

I again rolled my eyes and told them about my day.

"How was your encounter with Adrian?" Evan asked

"It was good but not the best." I told them everything that happened and they started laughing hearing me calling Adrian a jerk. I also told them about Flynn and Charlotte. They were angry at Flynn unexpected entry. Charlotte is like a sister to them and they are really angry at Flynn for leaving her.

I then asked dad to tell me why he call.

"I believe you signed the papers given by Adrian?" He asked.

"Yes dad, I signed it and gave it back to him."

"OK, from tomorrow, you will need to work with Adrian to complete the procedures for the construction. I need you to understand the work well and try to grasp as much as possible from Adrian. He is the best mentor I can provide you with."

I nodded my head.

I told them about the fight with Meghan and they started laughing while Evan started boasting about himself. It is fun to live with them and I really miss them badly.

I then remembered what Adrian said in the morning and decided to ask dad about it.

"Dad why did you ask me to always wear this locket and ring?" I asked him.

He and my brothers got shocked by my question and I looked at them quizzically.

What is that these people are hiding from me? I need to find out.

"Kiddo, that's your mother's locket. That is why, I asked you to wear it." Dad said.

"Anyways, why did you ask?" He asked.

"No, it's just that, Adrian asked me about it and told me I will come to know when the right time comes. " I told him.

"Damn you Adrian" Damien cursed faintly in the background. I decided to let it go and tell them bye.

Anyways, Bye dad, bye guys, Good night. I am going to have dinner. Hannah is calling me for past 15 minutes."

"Bye baby girl and stay safe." They said. 

I cut the call and went to kitchen to have my dinner. I sat at the table and ate with Hannah. She asked me about my work and I repeated the same once again to her. She is like a mother to me and I always rely on her if I need anything.

I then decided to call it the day. I wished Hannah Good night and went to bed. I was not feeling sleepy and decided to read a book. But all these time my thoughts unintentionally got diverted to Adrian. I am feeling pulled towards him. I don't know what it is and decided to forget it and sleep. It was a long day and, I need to go back to work tomorrow. I kept the book away and slept.