𝐨𝐧𝐞

"Oh Y/n, you look beautiful," said the elderly lady who was allegedly my great aunt. If I'm going to be honest, I have not even the slightest clue as to who this woman was—but she's at the wedding, so I assumed she's related to me somehow. 

I must agree with her statement though — I do look quite beautiful. I wore an off-white coloured dress that hung down to my ankles, as well as a pair of white heels that are almost impossible to walk in because of their overbearing height. 

The top half of the dress is fitted tight to my body, and all along the center front of the dress is designed with embroidering and jewels, illuminating my face. The waistline is very snug, making it hard for me to breathe properly—but you know what they say, "beauty is pain."

The bottom half of the dress is flowy, allowing for movement in my legs. It's made of satin, just like the top half—only the bottom is simple with no designs or gems.

My hair is simply styled in a low bun, and I wore light makeup as well as a pair of pearl earrings. I'll admit,  I do look beautiful—but I prefer to wear pants and an oversized shirt.

"Thank you," I replied to her with a slight bow of my head. She smiled at me and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, causing me to flinch from surprise. She removed her hand from the side of my head and placed it on my cheek, causing her smile to grow even wider. 

"You look just like your mother," she grinned, making my heart drop to my stomach.

Mother... I don't even remember what she looks like...

I don't say anything to her in response, I just bow again, trying to hide my emotions. I looked back up at the lady and met her eyes.

We stood there looking at each other for a few moments until she finally broke the awkward tension by lightly patting my shoulder.

"I should get to my seat, the ceremony is starting soon," she explained with another grin. I nod in agreement. 

"I should too."

The lady turned and walked away, leaving me alone in the middle of the garden. I looked around at my surroundings. The garden, which is right beside where the ceremony is taking place, was filled with flowers of all kinds. 

The ceremony itself took place in an open space outdoors, with a white gazebo where my father and Hyejin will stand. There were hundreds of chairs set up for the guests—most of them being people I don't even know.  

"Ms. Y/n, your father is ordering for you to take your seat now," a voice instructed from behind me. I whipped my head around to see a tall man wearing a suit. I'm assuming he's one of my father's bodyguards, so I don't question his orders.

"Alright, I'll be there shortly." I respond with a bow, the man nodding back at me.

I let out a sigh as I began to walk towards the designated ceremony area, straightening my posture to try and look more proper.

I exited the garden and made my way towards my assigned seat, where I noticed I was placed beside two women who were no other than my cousins, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. 

"Y/n! You made it to the wedding!" Nayeon teased with a smile—although it wasn't a warm kind of smile. It was a sarcastic, intimidating smile. 

"We never thought you'd leave your room," joked Jeongyeon with a chuckle. "It's nice to see that you didn't cry yourself to death."

I winced internally as my chest began to ache from her harsh comment. It's true, I did spend a lot of my years crying alone in my room due to my abusive father.